jump to last post 1-12 of 12 discussions (16 posts)

I need logo opinions please

1. GoTo Gal profile image79
    GoTo Galposted 6 years ago

I'm starting a cleaning and maintenance business.  The service will provide cleaning, for houses, construction, and offices it will also provide handyman type repairs.

I've already purchased my general liability insurance, gotten bonded, and purchased the domain names for LLC and INC.  (I haven't decided yet whether to start as LLC or INC)  In my state you must use an attorney to file as a corporation.

My question is concerning the logo.  The name of the business is CAMYS (Clean And Maintain Your Space).  I may be over thinking this.  If I go with a logo featuring cleaning, it may hurt the handyman side of business, but if I use tools in the logo it may hurt the cleaning side of business.  Should I go with a generic logo or try to incorporate the two aspects?  Any ideas or suggestions?

1. anime_nanet profile image61
      anime_nanetposted 6 years ago in reply to this

2. Sinbadsailorman profile image58
      Sinbadsailormanposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Don't think Small get  on line and look up "one day at a time" pick a clip or snipet from youtube or free tv Find Dawayne Shcniner with his mop and tool belt on. use the snipet with the permission of the youtube  or free tv Host. Get the permission!   advertise it on line promote their spot with your spot ! now you have a relationship and a famous video clip out dated but still remembered people do this with out making the conection or getting the permission and the sites shut the snipet off so get the permission if you can't dress a friend up take a snap shot and mimic the show "one site at a time" etc etc.

2. Chaotic Chica profile image84
    Chaotic Chicaposted 6 years ago

Incorporating the two could be done fairly easy. For example, I might look at putting a mop and and a wrench crossing each other.  Then again keeping it generic would be a safe alternative. I would advise against that, though, only because people today are very visual and seeing the wash bucket next to or on top of a tool box perhaps would instantly clue them into what you do.  In the end the idea is yours but I would suggest not going generic. Either way, good luck!

3. Amal Shah profile image60
    Amal Shahposted 6 years ago

You may use generic or create your own,combination of both is also good choice.

4. GoTo Gal profile image79

I like the mop bucket by a tool box.  I tinkered with it last night, but just can't get it to the point I'm happy with it.  I just can't seem to get the two elements to flow.  UGGGH!

1. Chaotic Chica profile image84
      Chaotic Chicaposted 6 years ago in reply to this

(url)http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=3 … 1436484643(url)
      It isn't much but it's something I whipped up real quick as a start...

5. 61
    dileepdubaiposted 6 years ago

I think you shud go with a generic logo. I agree with your opinion on going with a logo either on cleaning or tools will not represent other side of the business.

6. penneykh profile image70
    penneykhposted 6 years ago

I think generic logos are poor from a branding purpose.  Unless you are planning on national brand expansion and franchising, or operate (and advertise) within specific industry verticals, I would steer clear of a peel and stick logo.

I always use 19 dollar logos and have had good luck.  Just make sure to opt for the $29 dollar package (includes a revision) or have photoshop skills.

7. th1981 profile image59
    th1981posted 6 years ago

From experience i would create a very unique logo that provides the branding you need. If you do a generic logo then you ever expand into another industry you dont have to change your logo. I have spent tens of thousands to get my companies branded.  it is a very time consuming process and very expensive so you really really want to do it just once.

8. Mighty Mom profile image91
    Mighty Momposted 6 years ago

Definitely NOT a generic logo. You have a solid brand-in-the-making. A unique business name that also clearly says what you do!
    Your tagline is almost complete already. I would only add the word "We":
    Then a couple of bullet points and you're done!

I like the idea of the crossed tools, one representing cleaning (mop) and one representing handyman (hammer)
    Another way to combine two representative elements is to start with a basic shape, a square or rectangle, or even an "infinity" shape. Put your icons in the two halves of the shape.
    Bold simple and iconic is the way I would go.

How exciting! I wish you great success with your new business, GtoG.

9. psycheskinner profile image80
    psycheskinnerposted 6 years ago

I would also suggest making both sides clear, for example a crossed duster and hammer.

10. GoTo Gal profile image79

Thanks for all the suggestions. 

I swear I think I have spent more time on the creative side (logo, website design) of this business than I have on the details and legalities of getting everything going.

Special thanks to Chaotic Chica for taking the time to email me some ideas.

11. Daniel Carter profile image90
    Daniel Carterposted 6 years ago

Just call it "Camy's."

Drop the periods between letters and it becomes an intelligible name that people can associate with. Use a female type persona for branding and give her an identity that would include cleaning and fix-it.

If you personalize the brand, people will relate better and remember it. Think of Mr Clean. You get the picture of branding big-time with him.

1. 0
      DoorMattnomoreposted 6 years ago in reply to this

yeah, kinda like the "we can do it" woman. but with a mop in one hand and a hammer in the other.  http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/12/We_Can_Do_It!.jpg

Plus, a thing about Inc. I dont know if its state by state or what, but where I live, if your an incorporation, you can collect unemployment shold you be out of work for an extended period, for some reason. Of course, you have to pay it in to the state out of your income..but Im pretty sure everybody has to no matter the type of business. But only Inc. can claim the unemployment.

12. lyjo profile image61
    lyjoposted 6 years ago

I would go with a generic one, using your name....best of luck for your future, good for you! Take good care!