jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (11 posts)

Why is it so hard for men to sell Avon?

1. 60
    Olorunlanaposted 6 years ago

what is Avon any way? But one of the way to be a superseller is advertisement. You best advertisement method will be the people that have used your product.

1. Sienna Red profile image60
      Sienna Redposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Avon sell beauty, promotes beauty, and builds beauty portfolio. Men isn't well inclined with beauty so they hardly can make it in the businesses. But it's nice to see men selling beuaty products.

2. Alota profile image59
    Alotaposted 6 years ago

Because they dont have these babies to help smile

3. mrfluffy profile image71
    mrfluffyposted 6 years ago

Our Avon lady is a man he comes rain or shine and is totally reliable. I don’t think he gets asked if he uses the products but I know he has a large clientele in the area, and gets regular orders from them.  And the ladies of the village are quite proud of their Avon Man

1. couturepopcafe profile image59
      couturepopcafeposted 6 years ago in reply to this

If he's good-looking, women will be inclined to buy from him rather than a woman.

4. 0
    ralwusposted 6 years ago

I only buy mine from hot gays. Are you hot? jk wink

1. couturepopcafe profile image59
      couturepopcafeposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I knew you were drinking something weird.  P.S.  love your new shade of lipstick.

5. Jayne Lancer profile image90
    Jayne Lancerposted 6 years ago

Immaculately, fashionably groomed men are taken much more seriously than women when it comes to beauty products etc. Women really do pay more attention to them.

6. fayehelen profile image72
    fayehelenposted 6 years ago

I think it is hard to sell Avon anyway.
    I was an Avon rep for about a year and gave it up. My area (and friends and family) brought loads at first but the novelty wore off pretty quickly. I was struggling to make minimum order pretty much every campaign. I tried plenty of special offers, gave free samples and gifts (as well as the deals Avon advertised), but people just weren't interested.
    I think that the bottom line is that Avon products aren't that cheap. Bodycare, and supermarkets often do much better deals. Or maybe my problem is that I am not a hot male? tongue

As much as I moan though, I love Avon products and still order them from their online shop (hehe). Just don't get my discount anymore sad

7. Tony Flanigan profile image60
    Tony Flaniganposted 6 years ago

I sold Avon for close on 3 years, and did very well with it. It's all about service service service. It was a very part time thing for me, yet I was outselling many reps that had been selling for far longer.

My secret? Glycerine hand cream with me wherever I went. Meet someone new, squeeze some into the person's hand, leave a brochure.

The call WILL come.

And although I use(d) the products, I generally come across as a bit scruffy, but so what?

service service service