jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (12 posts)

Click Bank?

1. WorldCup~2010 profile image60
    WorldCup~2010posted 5 years ago

Hey guys. I have come across numerous people talking about Click Bank, and how it is a really good source to make money. I am a little bit skeptical about Click Bank, and I don't really understand it. Does anyone else use click Bank? And if so, if it a good source of extra income?

1. Marisa Wright profile image91
      Marisa Wrightposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I do advertise a couple of products from Clickbank.  It works similar to Amazon or eBay - i.e. you place the product links on your website or Hub, and get a commission if someone buys. 

There are no capsules for Clickbank on HubPages, so you need to use the "hoplinks" provided by Clickbank in the text of your Hub.

The trouble with Clickbank is that it attracts a lot of scam artists.  So there is a breathtaking amount of garbage on there, and it can be a pain to find worthwhile stuff to promote. A good tip is to sort by "Gravity".

2. nigflte profile image60
      nigflteposted 5 years ago in reply to this

clickbank is one place to make money online. they basically sell digital products like ebook and softwares. all you have to do is to sign up, fine a good product-good product have gravity aabove 40.
      then start your affilate production.

2. sunforged profile image67
    sunforgedposted 5 years ago

It costs $50 to place an item in the Clickbank marketplace, products and sales sites must be approved and products that get high return rates get booted.

That aside, it does have an amazing amount of garbage and takes a lot of testing to find reliable and worthwhile products to promote. The real crap is in the Internet Marketing/online money niche which tends to have rehashed outdated info.

There are some great products there also - software, themes, plugins too

3. Entourage_007 profile image80
    Entourage_007posted 5 years ago

Yes clickbank can be a good source of income if you have a good understanding of internet marketing and SEO practices.  Otherwise you would need to promote clickbank products locally or on ebay.  I actually wrote an article about promoting clickbank products on ebay.

Clickbank is a very reputable site with tons of products that have been overviewed for quality and relevance.  Once they are approved, they are deemed to be a good product of good quality. 

Unfortunately, its hard for the person to specialize in creating a product and promoting the product.  This is where affiliates can help.  Affiliates can help the author or creator to promote the book, and the author agrees to pay the affiliate a commission for the help. 

That is essentially how Clickbank works

1. Marisa Wright profile image91
      Marisa Wrightposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I wasn't aware that Clickbank did any kind of review of the quality of the products - can you expand on that?

4. mikiy profile image61
    mikiyposted 5 years ago

Clickbank is a reputable program. If you are skeptical about the legitimacy of ClickBank, I will tell you that you don't have to. But whether you are going to make money with it or not is not Clickbank's problem.

5. psycheskinner profile image83
    psycheskinnerposted 5 years ago

People aren't saying Clickbank per se is a problem, jut that the majority of the stuff sold there is crap.  Which is, in my experience, quite true.

6. Bill Manning profile image69
    Bill Manningposted 5 years ago

I'm going to push a Disney ebook that seems to be good from there soon. But I have no idea how good the program is.

I think trying to rank for the product using SEO would be a very good idea. I'm doing that with Amazon and it's working great. smile

7. 0
    Go Writerposted 5 years ago

I'm being paid by Clickbank for a product that has a recurring income. It's not a lot of money, but it consistently shows up when it's supposed to.

The reason why a lot of newbies are directed towards Clickbank first is because it's one of those affiliate networks that pay on time, and you don't have to have a website to join up with it. The other is Amazon Associates.

Other affiliate networks like Commission Junction, Linkshare, ShareASale and many other CPA networks all require you to have a website to join. However, it is always free to join any affiliate program whether private or via a network.

There's a new affiliate network that came out recently called RAPbank. It pays directly into your PayPal account for every sale that you make. You don't have to wait a week or a month to get paid like some affiliate networks.

Clickbank only sells digital products that can be downloaded. This is good for Clickbank because they don't have to pay shipping costs like Amazon.com. This allows the vendor to charge higher prices and Clickbank can take a higher transaction fee per sale.

Suppose a vendor sells an ebook for $77. He offers the affiliate 60% commission per sale. Clickbank will always take their fee of (7.5% + $1) per sale first before they divvy out the commission.

So from the $77, Clickbank will first take out there $6.78 fee. What's left over is $70.22. You as the affiliate get a commission of 60% or $42.13. The vendor gets the rest. Don't worry about the vendor losing money. With all the affiliates marketing for him, he doesn't have to spend a dime on advertising. He just sits back and collects his portion of the money.

I don't know what the payment rules are now, but Clickbank will send you a check every two weeks after you've accumulated $50. I think the first three payments you have to receive a check.

Then after that, you can go into your account and change the payment scheme to direct debit or international money wire. You can also bring down the minimum accumulation to $10, and you can choose to be paid every week if you wish. This is what I've done.

One of Clickbank's major drawbacks is their affiliate referral link or hoplink. It is the most recognizable, the most exposed and the most hijacked affiliate link out there. So it would be wise to cloak your hoplink with a link cloaker. Or go on to Go Daddy and buy a .info domain name and forward and mask your affiliate link.

Of course, if someone wanted to bypass you hoplink bad enough, they could still purchase from their own affiliate hoplink and earn a commission from the product. I think that rule needs to be changed, and that would solve a lot of problems.

That's the reason why some people complain about innaccurate tracking and receiving fewer commissions than they're supposed to. 

Another way you can lose commissions is if you write a review about a product and place your affiliate link to be clicked. The person clicks through to the vendor's site and decides, "I want a second opinion. I'm going to look at another review."

So he reads another review about the same product and it convinces him to buy the product. So the buyer clicks through the new reviewer's affiliate link whose tracking cookie knocks your tracking cookie off, and the other guy gets commission for the sale.

Other than loose tracking, Clickbank has been very reliable about paying on time.

Of course, if you're looking for more instant payments RAPbank might be the way to go.

The only draw back to Rapbank is that sometimes you are given 100% commission while the vendor makes money on any upsells on the backend, but if a person chooses to refund the product, they're coming to you to take care of the refund instead of the vendor. And you have to refund it yourself via PayPal.

So you've got options out there. Clickbank is still very good for earning affiliate commissions despite its hiccups.

1. travelespresso profile image82
      travelespressoposted 5 years ago in reply to this

That's a very detailed answer Go Writer.  Thanks.

Please can you elaborate on how to cloak the hoplink code to give added protection to the affiliate.  Many thanks.

1. jimblackstone profile image60
        jimblackstoneposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I use a free link shortener, http://www.viralurl.com With this free tool you not only mask / shorten links, but when you install their toolbar on your browser, all controls and functions are easily accesible. You track links by adding keywords. I currently am tracking 60 links. I'm an affiliate for viralurl.com but choose not to rovide my affiliate link here.

Further you can earn traffic due to the viral bar that shows up on the links that you mask, and people can click through there. With that advantage you can add other URL's that you want to promote to get more free traffic.

If you signup affiliates, your URL's will display on their viral bars in rotation with theirs, earning you more free traffic or commissions should they join as paid members.

Pretty awesome overall!