jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (14 posts)

Globalization and business

1. JYOTI KOTHARI profile image76
    JYOTI KOTHARIposted 8 years ago

Jai singh kothari,Finance editor of a daily news paper told me 10 years back that globalization would change the entire scennario of business.He spelt four options to livelyhood:
    1.Be a very big business owner
    2. Join hands with a tycoon.
    3.Get a job
    4.If one can not opt for these three abovementioned, only way to suicide.
    This seems very true nowadays.

1. guidebaba profile image61
      guidebabaposted 8 years ago in reply to this

SUICIDE !!!!! I am never going to do that. There are beautiful girls around here.

2. VioletSun profile image69
      VioletSunposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Instead of recommending suicide how about encouraging being creative and becoming self sufficient so one does not need to depend on a regular job? A better option, methinks.

3. 62
      john133posted 8 years ago in reply to this

The great challenge facing political leaders today is to carry the public that continuing to liberalize trade will bring more benefits than costs. Suspect of globalization has probably never been higher in the past. These are good

1. vietnamese profile image79
        vietnameseposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Hahahahaaha, this signature just slipped by! Here is mine:

http://piurl.com/JG (I didn't mean to do this, but I was getting along with a free ride :-) wink

2. PennyWise profile image61
    PennyWiseposted 8 years ago

Lol.  That's ridiculous!

Whatever hapened to joining the military?

1. Misha profile image74
      Mishaposted 8 years ago in reply to this

That's suicide tongue

1. VioletSun profile image69
        VioletSunposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Very true, very true....  smile

3. premsingh profile image61
    premsinghposted 8 years ago

Why blame globalization?
    Why not blame government for its policies that leave people without any of the 4 option?
    Why suicide? Why don't people force government to suicide?

4. 61
    1Geminiposted 8 years ago

Hi everyone,

I just joined HubPages yesterday and was attracted to this topic in the forum.

I would like to make a few brief comments and share my opinion, if you will permit me.

Globalisation has been around for some time now and everyone needs to adjust because anything can now be made anywhere in the world and almost any service can be outsourced.

These are both exciting and challenging times which provide opportunities to enhance the global community and help everyone upgrade their standard of living.

At the same time, it may not be enough to have a job any more because employment cannot be guaranteed. In recent years many small businesses have been started and many can still thrive. The arena of business and commerce will continue to change but one does not have to be too big to survive.

Surely there are options for everyone, but suicide is not an option because that would be giving up in a world that can get better if we are willing to work together to make it so.

I am optimistic for the future.

Hope to have more discussions on lively topics in the forum and thanks for reading this if you have come this far.

5. JYOTI KOTHARI profile image76

I agree. Those not realising the "Truth" of globalisation are suffering. Political leaders do not do much to make them understand the phenomenon, instead they want to make them fool  or keep them in dark to get political advantage.
    This is a greater crisis for all.

6. Eric Graudins profile image60
    Eric Graudinsposted 8 years ago

Here's something that I received in an email about globalisation:

What is the truest definition of Globalization?

Princess Diana'sdeath.

How come?
    Answer :

An English princesswith an Egyptian boyfriend crashes in a French tunnel, driving a German car with a
    Dutch engine, driven by a Belgian who was drunk on Scottish whisky, (check the bottle before you
    change the spelling), followed closely by Italian Paparazzi, on Japanese motorcycles; treated by an American doctor, using Brazilian medicines.

This is sent to you by an American, using Bill Gates's technology, and you're probably reading this on your computer, that uses Taiwanese chips, and a Korean monitor, assembled by Bangladeshi workers in a Singapore plant, transported by Indian lorry-drivers, hijacked by Indonesians,  unloaded by Sicilian longshoremen, and trucked to you by Mexican illegals.... .
    That, my friends,
    is Globalization!

7. JYOTI KOTHARI profile image76

I have started this topic with a view to simply encourage discussion on globalization. Many learned participants in the forum  have thrown light on the issue.
    I just want to clarify one thing that when when Mr. Jaisingh kothari had told me about the fourth option, he wanted to convince that there would no other options left.

8. Lady Luthi profile image61
    Lady Luthiposted 8 years ago

It's interesting that this topic is in the forums. I just recently finished my summer semester and my final essay was to argue for or against globalization. Life is funny like that.