jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (16 posts)

Have you making money from hubs?

1. mikoas profile image60
    mikoasposted 5 years ago

Hello friends,
    People had been saying one thing or the other about making money through hubs. It is my desire to know who have make money through this platform. and i will like to know how you do it so i too can make use of it. Please your urgent responses is highly appreciated. mikoas

1. sarovai profile image63
      sarovaiposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Residual income. Hope there will be increment in future.

2. hlaaa100 profile image60
      hlaaa100posted 5 years ago in reply to this

2. kirstenblog profile image78
    kirstenblogposted 5 years ago

I don't make huge sums of money but I have reached payout and it sure was nice to see that extra cash big_smile
    I did take a long break from writing hubs too, I suppose if I go back to writing more I will dramatically increase the frequency of reaching payout smile

mikoasposted 5 years ago in reply to this

that is good, can you tell me how you go about it, and how much is payout.

1. kirstenblog profile image78
        kirstenblogposted 5 years ago in reply to this

The biggest tip I can give is to stop checking your ad sense earnings constantly, write constantly instead! My best preforming hubs took ages to attract search engine traffic. Try out different writing styles, have as much fun as you can in your writing and be mindful of things like keywords. The idea is you need to be writing about stuff you know and that other people actively want to know. You have very few hubs and have been here for longer then I, this goes a long way to explaining why you may not have reached a payout with any of the affiliate programs. Some folks make good money from a small handful of hubs like you have (in the 20's) but they are well versed in SEO and writing content that the search engines just love, then they go out and link their hubs to every website they have and more, creating tons of back links. If you are like me and are not so well versed in SEO then you need to keep writing on a variety of topics until you find something that 'sticks'. I find it amazing what works best. Last year I tore a ligament in my ankle and wrote about it (couldn't walk or do anything so I wrote) and it has proved to be my best for traffic, folks come along often and leave comments about how they had the same type of injury and like me got next to no advice from their doctors. Point is keep trying, keep writing and experimenting until you find what works for you.

2. mikoas profile image60

that is a good testimony. keep it on and you will surely reap more rewards. thanks

3. Lily Rose profile image83
    Lily Roseposted 5 years ago

I've been making money since I started - slowly at first .... right now I'm at about $730 for the month (not my norm, but I expected - hoped for - a big increase this month due to the holidays.)

That being said, the way I accomplished being where I am at is that I put in the work.  I made an effort to learn how to do it by studying it and asking specific questions.  I never once asked anyone to just please tell me how to make money here.  I never once expected it would be easy or that all the answers would just be tossed on my lap.  I believe that I am getting out of it what I put into it and anyone else who wants to make money here should do the same.

There are tons of great people here that will happily take the time to answer specific questions but not a blanket "how do I make money here" question...if it's so urgent that you learn, then get out of the forum and start doing some reading - the HubPages Help Center is a great place to start!

making 730dollars is a great work behind it. i too did not asked such question in order to make quick money. i asked the question based on what people are saying. i thank you for your comments.

4. waynet profile image47
    waynetposted 5 years ago

The secret to making your first amount of money here at Hubpages is to write a bunch of hubs and measure the results, see what works traffic wise, once you have traffic, you can start to concentrate on increasing any types of conversions for sales and adsense clicks!

yes you have say something meaningful. thanks

5. Mikeydoes profile image79
    Mikeydoesposted 5 years ago

Add adsense and amazon to your hubs. And do lots of learning/reading. Thats what I did and it is starting to pay off.

I am making alright money. I just sold an Ipod today and should make $6 off of that, the best part was I was sleeping!

thanks for your comments, i too have started something like that. it is well.

6. Hestia DeVoto profile image61
    Hestia DeVotoposted 5 years ago

I've made almost $9 in my very first month, but I think it being the shopping season helped with that.

7. 0
    cookingdivaposted 5 years ago

There are no quick way to get rich I have found. I would say, reduce your bills, have minimum income to get you going and spend rest of the time building income that will keep giving, like writing on hubpages. Good luck.

8. jeffduff profile image83
    jeffduffposted 5 years ago

I make nothing on my hubs, much to my disgust.

This primarily because my every effort to sign up for Adsense come to nothing.  Adsense did not approve my several applications.  They neither approve or deny my applications.

I simply float in Limbo.  Unfortunately, my e-mail enquiries to Google and Hub Pages also go unanswered.

I like how Hub Pages works, in terms of writing and editing, but in terms of money?  Not so much ...