jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (13 posts)

Overwhelmed Learning

1. lblakeney profile image60
    lblakeneyposted 5 years ago

Hello there, I am just now starting to learn about social Media.
    Social bookmarking, Optimization and all the rest. I tell you what I am just overwhelmed by all the information. Does any one have a check list or a guide to this to make this not so overwhelming. Thanks Linda

1. Shadesbreath profile image90
      Shadesbreathposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Write well.  Just start doing that.  Write good, honest articles about stuff you actually know and actually care about.  Focus on making what you say real and meaningful.  Write everything as if you were sending it to someone you really like and care about.  Then proofread it a couple of times and make sure it's clean and tight.

The rest will come.  Lose sight of quality, and all the fancy Internet tricks in the world won't help you.

The only tip I'd recommend to start out if you're wanting traffic from search engines, is think about your Title carefully.  What would someone actually type into a search engine as it relates to your hubpage article?  (You can get clues off the cover of Reader's Digest.)

Beyond that, go to the "Hubbers" page and start reading the stuff of the people on the first ten pages of that (the 100-95 ranked folks).  You'll find people who write the type of thing you intend to write.  You'll start noticing patterns of what they do, how they write, how they construct their articles, etc. 

Welcome and good luck!

1. saleheensblog profile image61
        saleheensblogposted 5 years ago in reply to this

2. our thoughts profile image61
        our thoughtsposted 5 years ago in reply to this

This is awesome advice. Couldn't have said it better myself. You can learn a lot from your metrics as well. Pay attention to what type of information gets the biggest reactions (RTs on Twitter, Likes/Comments on Facebook, etc).

2. crisstar profile image61
      crisstarposted 5 years ago in reply to this

If you're doing seo and bookmarking then you're trying to get some kind of content to rank in Google.

Make a list of things you need to do in order to get this done. I'm sure at this stage of the game you know you need backlinks.

So make a daily plan to get a variety of backlinks (blog commenting, article marketing, bookmarking, etc...)

Monday I will do X
      Tuesday I will do x

By writing it down into daily tasks, it doesn't become so overwhelming.

Good luck!

3. vox vocis profile image92
      vox vocisposted 5 years ago in reply to this

One step at the time...Just try to write good quality hubs. For starters, choose at least three other sites to promote your hubs by posting links (I use RedGage, SheToldMe.com and StumbleUpon for now and plan to use other sites once I have written a certain number of hubs). Bookmark the hubs from other hubbers that you find useful. I recommend that you visit the profile of Susana S - you will find nicely presented hubs on the topic there; my favorite:

http://hubpages.com/hub/How-to-Make-Mon … ges-Step-1

P.S. Learning takes time, but patience pays off.

4. yenajeon profile image82
      yenajeonposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I keep a chart so I know which hub has been promoted where so I don't do it repeatedly. With digg, reddit, twitter or fb and others.

5. jane burnz profile image60
      jane burnzposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I suggest a nice bottle of red wine be in reaching distance every time you sit in front of the computer wink Other than that, I dedicated a Blog to helping beginners http://thehelpforfreepage.com and it spells out a lot of things to focus on, and in the 'entrepreneurial motivation' category is a few blurbs that really keep me in line.
      Don't give up!

2. Arthur Fontes profile image90
    Arthur Fontesposted 5 years ago

Considering your hub You (Looking to Become Profitable in Affiliate Marketing? I can help...) is copied from

ht tp://arthritisfreedom.com/understanding-arthritis/affiliate-marketing/

I think you need more then help with social bookmarking etc...

Edit: looking closer, all your hubs are copied!

1. saleheensblog profile image61
      saleheensblogposted 5 years ago in reply to this

3. saleheensblog profile image61
    saleheensblogposted 5 years ago

delete the copied hubs and star learning from HP FAQ section and learning center. http://learningcenter.hubpages.com/

4. garyrockzzz profile image59
    garyrockzzzposted 5 years ago

One more thing.. make a system and stick to it. Many beginners when they are new, they get overwhelmed with the huge amount of information on net and end up doing nothing actually.

Its really good that you want to learn. A lot of money could be made on internet.

All The Best!

5. 0
    Go Writerposted 5 years ago

Have you determined who your target audience is and narrowed it down, or you just throwing something out there and hope something snags? That's not going to make you money.

First, narrow down your market and who your no kidding target audience is.

Once you've figured out who your target audience is, determine exactly what their problem is. Pinpoint it, not just "I'm trying to help people who don't want to get scammed with make money online offers."

That's great, but who are they and where are they? What questions do they keep asking?  Have you addressed those? How does your solution solve that problem?

Now, if you're the one really, really stuck, then you may want to consider investing in professional training. A mentor can explain things in an organized way so that you understand.