jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (5 posts)

1. mhd051 profile image60
    mhd051posted 5 years ago

hello people....i was wondering how can a university student manage his business while studying full time.
    i am taking around 5 courses and managing with online stores, doing marketing and seo. But as soon as my day end with 12 to 16 hours of working i am always left with few chores to complete.
    If you people have some kind of experience you can share or your own ideas.

1. Urbane Chaos profile image92
      Urbane Chaosposted 5 years ago in reply to this

While going to college, I ran a floorcovering business, an online business, and worked retail part time.  That was the only way that I could pay for school, support my ex-wife's schooling, and not go into debt at the same time.  It was rough, but I made it through...

Basically, I did as many evening courses as I could.  I woke up at 5 a.m., drank a pot (or two) of coffee - it felt like it anyway, and then plan out my day.  I had everything down to a detailed itemized list:

...First, I would prepare whatever resumes/business plans/marketing plans/etc. for my online business.  I did that until 8 a.m., From 8 until 2 I installed floorcovering.. I spent the time between then until my classes started doing my studies, then went to class, then studied until I fell asleep.  I worked my retail job on weekends.

The point is, it's hectic, but it's only for a few short years and then it's over and done with.  My suggestion is this: Write out a detail plan of everything you're going to accomplish for that day, and stick to the plan.  That was the only thing that got me through.

I wish ya luck..

1. mhd051 profile image60
        mhd051posted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thankxxx......all hard work pays off some day.......you r like inspiration tongue.....i should start following your hub smile

1. couturepopcafe profile image60
          couturepopcafeposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Same here.  I started college (again) at 56 yrs of age and am working full time, around 45 hrs weekly.  I'm on the road all week, drive back to town, often 4-5 hour drive - to go to class, so I don't get anything done during the week and do all my homework on the weekend.  Am now almost 60 with 2 more quarters to go.  It gets tougher toward the end but I just keep going.  I have no social life right now and don't see family much because all time spent out of class or work is spent doing homework or household chores (which rarely ever get done).  Five classes is a big load.  Maybe cut down to 3 or 4 next semester.

1. Urbane Chaos profile image92
            Urbane Chaosposted 5 years ago in reply to this

It's tough, but when you get to the end, it's all worth it..