jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (8 posts)

ebay help

1. mhd051 profile image60
    mhd051posted 5 years ago

hello every one.......just a short question....if i open a shop on ebay or amazon do i need to do marketing and seo of those retail store???? if yes how much time do you spend on marketting ebay stores

1. Paul Wingert profile image79
      Paul Wingertposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I've been doing ebay for about 10 years and have a few items on Amazon. These two websites are so popular that I found that messing with SEOs and other forms of marketing is a waste of time. I would channel all your energy and time with SEOs and marketing to promote your own website and phase Ebay and Amazon out. Use the two to promote your website like adding your website info with the items you ship to your buyers and so on.

1. u365463 profile image61
        u365463posted 5 years ago in reply to this

I so agree, i've been selling on Ebay off and on for 4 years, they market for you. Post your items and lead your customers to your website. Ebay has a lot of tools to make your customers feel special and keep them coming back.

Good luck!

2. izoooom profile image59
      izoooomposted 5 years ago in reply to this

You basically spend very little time once you have started selling on eBay and Amazon. These 2 sites have millions of visitors daily so they have done the work for you in terms of traffic.
      You only bother with SEO when a site is not receiving a huge amount of traffic or if you are an affiliate.

The key I find with eBay is to research as much as possible on the product you want to sell. Find out if there are lots of bids, watch lots of items and see the end of the bid price, look at seller reviews to find out how much of a particular item a seller sells, etc. It's all about how much demand a product has.

Amazon uses review system, competitive shipping cost is also the added advantage on Amazon. I have not used it as much as eBay but I know they are competitors and both have their advantages and disadvantages.

You can send traffic from there to your site as Paul already mentioned if you have a site.

1. mhd051 profile image60
        mhd051posted 5 years ago in reply to this

thankx a lot........your input is very helpful and yes ill try seo for my main website.....and try to get more customer through ebay to my main website.....

2. American_Choices profile image83
    American_Choicesposted 5 years ago

Paul Wingert is exactly right.  The competition is very high.  Amazon is nice in that it doesn't charge unless you sell so you can post the item as long as it has an UPC.  I think they still demand the UPC but it has been a long time since I loaded a new item on Amazon.

3. 0
    cillamposted 5 years ago

I sell on ebay and amazon but I make more money on Ebay and I would recommend it to anyone.

4. detectivejd profile image61
    detectivejdposted 5 years ago

Shameless self promotion here but Ebay is raising fees, so I created a hub on this about other options.