jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

Has Anyone Used oDesk?

1. Les Holland profile image60
    Les Hollandposted 5 years ago

A couple of weeks ago I stumbled upon oDesk. Has anyone used it? Do you know anyone who has? It seems like a good idea and I'd like to hear any opinions.
    Thank you.

1. tpshah profile image59
      tpshahposted 5 years ago in reply to this

yes i am the current user of the odesk.
      its great place to earn some extra bucks. i got my first job after 2-3 months of joining. so it will require so much patient. but as first job ended i got another job. so basically it is tough to get in for the first ime. but if you are doing good then you will paid more.

2. lrohner profile image84
    lrohnerposted 5 years ago

You want to talk to Mighty Mom:  http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/63493?p … ost1399585

Or some of the folks on this thread:  http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/56074#post1271354

Les Hollandposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thanks Irohner, that was fast. I'm curious if anyone has used it for anything other than writing as well? There are drafting and graphic design offers.
      Thanks again for the links and the lead!

3. Teresa Schultz profile image80
    Teresa Schultzposted 5 years ago

Hi Les

I use oDesk.  For all sorts of freelance work opportunities, not just writing - web design and web research too. Do work hard on your profile first, though, and do some of those oDesk competency test results will look good too.

I know of many people who have joined oDesk and just given up after a while.  Stick to it and be patient.  Don't charge very high prices at first, and you can put your prices up later when people can see that you've had excellent ratings and they are more prepared to pay higher prices for your work.  I don't do any of the hourly work only jobs; I just do the "fixed work" assignments.

Regularly check the new job postings and apply quickly before the person is confronted with a very long list of applicants, but at the same time, spend time on a good application letter, unique to each job posting.

Good luck!

Les Hollandposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thank you for your input Teresa. I took some of the test but then started to wonder if it was worth it.  I didn't want to invest all sorts of time into establishing a good profile if nothing would come of it.

I think that the idea of only doing fixed work makes sense as I have a full time job.  Thanks again!