jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (9 posts)

Search Engine Optimization or PPC? Which one is liked by people?

1. gandhikr profile image59
    gandhikrposted 5 years ago

Need to know the preferred method ..

1. Peter Hoggan profile image86
      Peter Hogganposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I don't think there is a preferred method, not for me anyway. PPC can be very profitable if your margins big enough, especially for new sites or sites needing to compete in established highly competitive markets.

It’s quite surprising how many people can't distinguish between paid ads and natural listings. Even if you have a #1 natural listing there is a good chance some will think that a paid ad positioned directly above your listing is actually #1.

I often use PPC even though I already have the top organic ranking, a technique which can be a highly profitable.

1. gandhikr profile image59
        gandhikrposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thanks! for the helping info..

2. Glemoh101 profile image60
      Glemoh101posted 5 years ago in reply to this

If you want life time traffic .. SEO is good , but you have to patient because seo need more hard work.

3. thisisoli profile image71
      thisisoliposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I would say the biggest difference in pPC or SEO is whether you have a product.

PPC in affiliate sales is definitely a low margin game, PPC on Amazon/Adsense sites is pretty much guaranteed to lose you money.

If you have a product which you sell direct though, PPC can be a very profitable source of traffic.

4. Vaiebhav profile image80
      Vaiebhavposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I use SEO for articles, and for the products I use SEO and PPC.

2. Paul Edmondson profile image
    Paul Edmondsonposted 5 years ago

If you can do PPC profitably, I'd recommend it.  Natural SEO is more geared for content sites where a PPC model rarely works.  So by this definition, you are kind of limited to what type of search marketing you can do based on your business. 

I prefer organic traffic.  It's harder to do, but when done right I believe it creates more value over the long term.  That said, sophisticated PPC with great analytics and understanding of acquisition cost and profits can really help you tune your business.  We do both:)

3. jigg2009 profile image61
    jigg2009posted 5 years ago

It doesn't metter whats better because you have to do both. Without SEO you will not get high in SERPs so you won't get any traffic from Google or whatever. And in my opinion SEO is all about a good usability for human readers not only for bots.

1. websaver profile image60
      websaverposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I have never won with ppc, too many clicks, no sales = out of pocket.
      My account somehow got blocked, cant remeber the reason as it was ages ago and google dont even bother to listen when you complain, they just have there rules and they stick to them..

I use SEO now much better than ppc and well worth the time to learn and implement.  I now have a site which is page one with no backlinks, with 8 million competing pages, I achieved this position after only 2 months purely by keywords and SEO description and content., and it is a basic non wordpress site