Running my business from a train

1. Herban|Luxe profile image61
    Herban|Luxeposted 5 years ago via iphone

Besides being an Etsy shop owner, I also have a full-time job.  With two girls in college and one in middle school, a mortgage and the fact that I'm a single mom make it a necessary evil.

I commute to work via train everyday.  This means I have an hour to kill.  I could spent it in lots of ways, such as sleeping, reading a book, watching a movie, or other ways.  I however take this hour to manage my little empire, checking email, sneering questions received overnight, creating new promotions, posting on my Etsy team forum,  etc.

In a previous Hubpage post I shared that I was using Facebooks promotion app to run a giveaway.  I had over 235 entries, blowsy mind a bit.  So this morning I decided to choose a winner while on the train.  The promotion app made this painless,  I simply clicked the choose a winner link, it asked how many winners I wanted to choose.  I chose for it to pick one random winner, clicked submit and a winner was chosen.

I still have to notify the winner but I'll do that using the notification feature on the app as well.

So this is me running my business on a train and writing a hubpage. Hope everyone enjoys there day.

2. perfectperception profile image59
    perfectperceptionposted 5 years ago