jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (16 posts)

Challenge for SEO Guys.....

1. agraj profile image58
    agrajposted 6 years ago

Hello all,

i have a question here regarding Page Rank.

if i disallow a page in robots.txt to crawl from Google, is this possible to increase PR of that page ? if it has 50 links from other PR 5 pages.

Thanks in Advance.

- Agraj

1. harrist profile image60
      harristposted 6 years ago in reply to this

you'll not get PR if you put robot txt! on your site, cause the question is how Google knows, that you deserve get PR meanwhile you stop Google Bot to crawl your pages! anyway how the Heck you get this crazy Idea smile weird! don't tell me you get this trick from BH forum! smile cause sometime they not telling you the truth!

PS.maybe you should try to put robot txt on pages that not realated with your Backlink and don't forget about your site structures smile lol

1. Peter Hoggan profile image76
        Peter Hogganposted 6 years ago in reply to this

The PageRank of a page is not dependant on being crawled or indexed it is dependant on the pages that link to it being crawled and indexed. Incidentally if you don't upload a robots.txt to the root of your domain the first response any search engine will see from your site is a 404 error.

2. cpvr profile image60
      cpvrposted 6 years ago in reply to this

The PR won't increase because its not able to be indexed. It all depends on your backlinks really, and how the page ranks for PR.

The indexing of a page as no effect of the PR.

2. Ultimate Hubber profile image80
    Ultimate Hubberposted 6 years ago

I have been through this situation... I use Bluehost to host my sites and they automatically create a subdomain of every main domain hosted. This subdomain is a mirror site and can not be deleted. Bots once somehow crawled the subdomain of my main website. I disallowed all pages of the subdomain, only to see that pages from my main site have also been disallowed. Hate this about BH! mad
    Now that I am done with ranting, let me answer your question. As far as I know your disallowed pages won't be having any pagerank.

1. skyfire profile image72
      skyfireposted 6 years ago in reply to this

UH, Hostgator does the same with add-on domains. Add-domains have nothing to do with SEO penalty or SE crawling. You need to edit your robots.txt to see if your domains are listed in 'disallow' tag. Also do sign up for google webmaster to see if it's actively indexing the content.

3. Peter Hoggan profile image76
    Peter Hogganposted 6 years ago

PageRank is an "Off Page" factor calculated on the known links that point to a page. Disallowing a page does not stop Google seeing the links that point to it hence it will show PageRank in the same way an indexed page would. If you need an example just look at your "my account" page here on HubPages, the page is a PR6 but it's not in itself indexed.

1. harrist profile image60
      harristposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Hoolyyyy Shittttttttttttt  ! I think , I should try this dirty trick's lol wink

PS. Thanks for the examples( my account ) ! I just realize about that ! sorry for being Noobs wink hahaha Jooking tongue

4. Peter Hoggan profile image76

Dirty Trick's?

5. lethbridgeseoguy profile image56
    lethbridgeseoguyposted 6 years ago

hoggan is correct on this one

6. thisisoli profile image55
    thisisoliposted 6 years ago

Don't chase PR, chase high quality links.

7. itech profile image59
    itechposted 6 years ago

@thisisoli ,
    Did that works better?

8. Peter Hoggan profile image76

If the page is currently a PR4, for example, it will take the exact same amount of work needed to reach PR5 as an indexed page would. PR certainly can be increased.

1. Haunty profile image83
      Hauntyposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Congratulations on your 400 followers, Peter! smile

1. Peter Hoggan profile image76
        Peter Hogganposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thanks Haunty.

9. agraj profile image58
    agrajposted 6 years ago

Thanks for showing interest in my question guys...

now  i got right answer...

Best Regards

working