jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (9 posts)

Looking for a Freelance writer...

1. Richieb799 profile image66
    Richieb799posted 5 years ago

It seems everyone is looking for freelance writers these days, I keep getting emails through Hubpages from people who own article directories and say you'll get a good percentage of the Advertisement revenue, but why would I waste my time producing articles for them when I already get 60% share from HP and can do all of my own SEO?

With all that said I called really do with someone who likes technology gadgets to update my wordpress blog, I have had a couple of people offer to do it for free but I haven't been able to contact them through the email address they left. I have been receiving about 30 comments by people who like the blog every month so far and I havent put a ton of effort into SEO on it yet.

It has Adsense ads on it so it could bring in a nice revenue, but I haven't seen any noticable earning from it yet, if it did start earning big time I might be able to give a percentage to anyone who wants to write posts.

2. Richieb799 profile image66

Guess nobody had any thoughts on this?

Im going to bump it up in case somebody missed it

3. 0
    ryankettposted 5 years ago

When you need a loaf of bread, where do you go? When you need a haircut, where do you go? When you need to get your car fixed, where do you go? wink

For freelancers it is oDesk, or freelancer.com, obviously smile

Do Sufidreamer a favour and sign up via his referral link via the first paragraph of this hub

http://hubpages.com/hub/Freelance-Writi … -Rate-Jobs

If you end up either earning or spending $1000 he gets $50 I believe, I signed up under him.

You can find writers for any budget there, but if you are paying $2 a time then chances are that you will get tonnes of low quality applications, when paying that amount you will also struggle to get anything search engine optimized.

I currently have 80 articles on order, at $2 an article, in order to get my revenue sharing site moving. I actually found good writers for that, but their service involves churning stuff out as quickly as possible, the SEO will need to be done by me retrospectively.

As a general rule, although I got very lucky, you get what you pay for. Hence the reason I do the SEO myself in retrospect.

4. Richieb799 profile image66

Thanks Ry this was really useful, I wouldn't mind doing the SEO myself

1. 0
      ryankettposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I actually have a man from Pakistan writing some incredible Tech articles for me right now, better than anything that I can write. I was the first person to take a punt on him, hence the reason he was cheap (no feedback).

Once I am done with him I would be happy to send you a link to his profile so that you can communicate with him directly. But for now I am going to order 20 more, he's my man right now, when I'm done he can be yours (I will show you the stuff that he has produced, all cutting edge and comprehensive, 100% fluent English, passing Copyscape).

He is mine until the end of February, and then probably for the first week of March, I can pass him on to you after that smile

5. 0
    ryankettposted 5 years ago

Also knows his stuff about online gaming too.

6. Richieb799 profile image66

$2 an article is pretty cheap as well isn't it, thats about a quid lol

1. 0
      ryankettposted 5 years ago in reply to this

About £1.33.

I am paying that one about £1.50 a pop, but after his first few feedbacks I have no doubt that he could achieve $10-$15 per 500 words on there minimum, his work is almost broadsheet standard.

The best ones end up charging an hourly rate, but to get ahead you have to build a reputation, hence the reason he is bidding for peanuts jobs to build his feedback. Much like first time ebay sellers list decent items at 99 cents with no reserve, to build their feedback quickly.

Some might call it exploitation, but his first 5 star feedback will open up doors to him, not many employers on there would touch a non-English native with no prior experience; so I call it an opportunity - he can consider it his internship smile

7. Mark Ewbie profile image83
    Mark Ewbieposted 5 years ago

Yes, it sounded like exploitation and then I divided my hubs into my earnings.

Gissa job.