jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (8 posts)

What will happen to Apple with Steve Jobs so ill?

1. Flightkeeper profile image80
    Flightkeeperposted 5 years ago

He has been in the forefront of so many iconic personal technology that are the wave of the future.  It's sad that he is a shadow of what he used to be.

1. NateSean profile image83
      NateSeanposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I'm sure he'll leave it in capable hands.

2. ArtzGirl profile image83
      ArtzGirlposted 5 years ago in reply to this

What is causing his illness?
      Which area of the country does he live in?

1. I am DB Cooper profile image65
        I am DB Cooperposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I believe it's pancreatic cancer. He's already lived far longer than 95% of people diagnosed with it.

2. DayTraderMatt profile image60
    DayTraderMattposted 5 years ago

Steve Jobs is no doubt one of the most influencial CEOs of the decade and the previous ones as well.  He got fired once from Apple, and learned what not to do.  I am sure when he leaves Apple he will have the perfect replacement.

3. marketingnotesja profile image61
    marketingnotesjaposted 5 years ago

Personally I don't believe Apple will experience any difficulties with Steve Jobs being sick. Apple has very active and equally intelligent people spearheading the company and can do almost the same thing that Jobs is doing. I think Steve Jobs is the public's safety net, with him alive and running the company people, especially shareholders will feel better, because the company's stocks won't fall.

I think the question that should be asked is, what will happen if Steve Jobs dies? [God FORBID].... stocks will fall almost immediately, because the company appears to be built on him. That's why we see in the media where Apple is trying to put the spotlight on the other well capable individuals who can run the company, to change the public's perception.

4. 0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 5 years ago

Steve Jobs is a one-of-a-kind legendary CEO. He is not replaceable in any way. That doesn't mean that Apple won't survive and do well. It just won't be the Jobs Apple.

1. NateSean profile image83
      NateSeanposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Everybody is one of a kind. No one is replacable. Whether you're the CEO of a major software company or someone down on his luck eating from trash cans at the bottom of the barrel.

No one can replace anyone.