jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (10 posts)

Internet jobs?? Do they actually exist?

1. 0
    Virtual Careersposted 5 years ago

Has anyone got a job from filling out applications on line?

1. fundguru profile image61
      fundguruposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I already had a few online Jobs. There are for instance many online games that require email support for the users and so they always search people to answer all the mails.

In addition there are also some companies who need people to deal with data and to create excel sheets.

Well and there are also some websites for freelancers to receive contracts from companies all around the world to work on different kind of projects, such as content writing, link building, SEO, template design, banner design, programming etc.

1. nasir730 profile image61
        nasir730posted 5 years ago in reply to this

i want seo work

2. webguyonline profile image60
      webguyonlineposted 5 years ago in reply to this

yeah, in fact I'm one of them, I'm making a living through internet.

2. rebekahELLE profile image91
    rebekahELLEposted 5 years ago

I think it is much more effective to go directly to company/business websites and look at their current openings.

I'm pretty certain many job listings online are nothing more than gathering information. Those jobs don't exist! hmm 

People should be very careful giving out too much personal info online.

1. newadamadamz profile image60
      newadamadamzposted 5 years ago in reply to this

1. rebekahELLE profile image91
        rebekahELLEposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I'm not sure where you live, but you might check to see what job development and career placement centers are in your area. In order to find a job now, you really need connections or job referrals. It is said that 80% of all jobs are found through personal contacts. Tell everyone you know you are looking for a job. You can even ask at stores or shops you go to regularly if they know if anyone is hiring. Good luck, try not to be discouraged! smile

1. 0
          Home Girlposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Yes, Rebekah,personal contacts are the best, but if you do not have any, you better try anything and everything including online, as you never know. I found my second job online but it does not really counts as it does not require qualifications or credentials, it's very primitive. I just left my information online, email, etc. and was contacted right away with email and telephone #. Went for an interview as ap and was hired. By my experience if you have a foreign sounding name - online resume might not work.

3. 0
    MRobert2011posted 5 years ago

Definitely! Check Odesk and Elance. They are great sites to freelance online. I've used them both.

4. Misha profile image75
    Mishaposted 5 years ago

Ask Patty Inglish smile

5. rebekahELLE profile image91
    rebekahELLEposted 5 years ago

Just a heads up,
    People need to be very careful giving out info online, there are phishing schemes posing as legitimate companies asking for personal information. I just read about emails being sent from spherionstaffingservings at gmail posing as the temp firm, Spherion, asking potential candidates for credit info.  These kind of scams are happening more frequently with the employment market as it is.
    http://www.spherion.com/corporate/phish … ct2010.jsp