so - is it time to think of new ways ?

Jump to Last Post 1-13 of 13 discussions (62 posts)
  1. recommend1 profile image61
    recommend1posted 13 years ago

If you have good informative unique hubs and want to add another earning stream to them.

If you want to get together with other good writers to fill broad niche areas with unbeatable quality and quantity of good content to maintain high rankings.

Vist my 2 hubs on the subject or directly come across to <snipped link>  without the gap.

Simple enough idea, simple enough to see where it can go.

2. recommend1 profile image61
    recommend1posted 13 years ago

Panda bump

3. Pearldiver profile image67
    Pearldiverposted 13 years ago

yikes 
    Shameless Prohomo!! yikes

recommend1posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Totally shameless - this idea was born out of thinking how to use what is already in Hubpages, without interfering with hubs or the community here - and now Google has dropped a pebble in the pond is a reminder that Hubbers should be doing something about quality and linking with value. 

I am providing this with my affiliate site and would like people here to know that they can gain an extra income stream, increase traffic to their hubs and fall in line with Google's new and long overdue ideas about quality in their searches and page ranking system.

1. Pearldiver profile image67
        Pearldiverposted 13 years agoin reply to this

As you know I don't have a problem with that.. But it concerns me that you didn't bother to comment on the Prohomo bit yikes

are you suggesting I am a gay prostitute ?  big_smile

I was a bit concerned about your 'Panda Bump'... Yes! big_smile

4. wilderness profile image93
    wildernessposted 13 years ago

This is the second forum thread I've seen of yours that is put up simply to self promote.  You are aware, of course, that is against forum rules.

I don't think it is against the rules - promoting your own hub is against the rules -

- I am flogging something of value to Hubbers - especially in these times of Google hysteria !  Providing an additional revenue opportunity on top of Adsense etc is almost charity smile  and the additional benefits of google friendly article grouping around in-depth academic quality articles is a free bonus.  Altogether something that is of benefit to any hubber.  Did you pop over for a peek ?

5. Pearldiver profile image67
    Pearldiverposted 13 years ago

Not too many have worked out who is in the panda mask mate... have you considered that?

Your idea has solid merit, but hubbers think that you are being a pushy Nub smile

You think I should tell 'em ?    I would have thought that would have scared more out than in big_smile

I think a lot of individuals all have something to think about... but they are all missing a greater opportunity to really link professionally with several others with complimentary strengths! They are unable to see how it could be done logistically etc. without losing the security blanket!

I have a perfect business model for that and it applies the strength in numbers principle and a very solid network.  Enough said.

I will email you in the next couple of days and explain what I'm talking about!

I would be very interested to hear it.  You know that I think the answer (with or without the google change) is in a more professional grouping around subjects and closing them off to random low quality stuff.  I am also thinking that small groups of writers who know a subject could really corner the market in quite a broad niche - and if the quality was good enough it could compete with any other professional (ie quality) source.

Yep... But Way Better than that... way ..way better... way outside the box that we are allowing our profession to be pushed into!  I can't do it on my own... neither can you... that is why we are all vulnerable.. we are divided.

divided so far !  interested to see what you are saying here smile  But I have to go to bed now - too close to midnight for comfort here - and a long hard day tomorrow.  gnight.

2. profile image48
          ShortStoryposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Whenever anyone says they have a "perfect" anything I become very suspicious. It almost always means...

It almost always means over-excitement big_smile

In truth the root idea is sometimes 'perfect' but people have a habit of screwing that up.

2. Pearldiver profile image67

Oh I'm sorry... did you wish to judge perfection also? hmm

I was referring to a strategic business model that relates to this industry and where it is going! Isn't that what business people do in business? hmm

1. profile image48

Successful business people are realistic. Declaring 'perfection' is not realistic, that's all.

1. smackins1974 profile image66
                smackins1974posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Doesn't that depend on the definition of perfection. Most people think that perfection is some sort of flawless idealism when actually it come from the latin "perficio" which actually translates "to finish" or "to bring to an end"

The oldest definition of "perfection", goes back to Aristotle. In Book Delta of the Metaphysics, he distinguishes three meanings of the term, or rather three shades of one meaning, but in any case three different concepts. That is perfect:

1. which is complete — which contains all the requisite parts;
                2. which is so good that nothing of the kind could be better;
                3. which has attained its purpose.
                (quote from wikipedia)

Maybe Recommend1's website has merely attained it's purpose!!??
                Sarah

Wow - not a bad bit of research for a housewife with a kid who has just taken her first steps big_smile

Thanks! You do realise that us stay at home moms actually have brains right??  (okay maybe wikipedia helped a bit) big_smile but this concept of perfection being something ideal when it is not actually meant to be translated to that was more my point!!! (lol)

Excuse me?  Stop sniping at every post I make... it is a very Troll-like game, that resembles the last one somewhat!

Don't ASSUME.. big_smile

1. profile image48

Who was the last addressed to?

That would be you I think.  Do you and PD have some history on here - there seems to be an element of animosity in your criticism ???

2. smackins1974 profile image66

It was not a dig just a suggestion that perfection can mean something other than what most people see it as.

Trust me as a family member Recommend1 is NOT perfect big_smile
                  He just thinks he is!!!! wink

Sarah

3. Pearldiver profile image67

Amazing! This style of 'put-down' comment is what I consider to be the tone of poorly-controlled aggression!
                But then we both know that you did not understand what I was talking about in a previous thread and you responded the same way then!
                I believe you made some snide remark about me being the owner of the site!
                So mate.... you travel incognito, write no hubs under this entity, snipe until your cows come home Okay?
                I will treat you, in exactly the same manner as you treat me, irrespective of who you are, or how insincere you appear as an Unproductive Blank at a time when most us (non-blanks) are doing our bit to clean up the site of a similar style of entities!
                Perhaps, that may have a bearing on your aggression and that of others! roll

1. profile image48

Hold on. Are you honestly saying that you don't recognize the poorly managed emotion in your posts on this matter? Are you willing to say you are NOT p*ssed off at that guy who you kept mentioning? That's why you went out of your way to mention his strange comments over and over? Is that why you went out of your way to speculate on the size of his genitalia? Not p*ssed off, just curious? Ok, that sort of thing is your private issue. It sure seemed like something touched your ego and you lashed out just shy of hysteria, but whatever.

As for the rest, I think I understood quite well what your emoting towards me was all about. As I said, if you will just be a little more patient I'll give you something to read, ridicule and build up your self esteem around soon.

Since you are not "incognito" I'll assume your family name is Pearldiver. Is that British?

I think I'll go back to the bottom of the thread it seems as if Kindergarten has gone into playtime squabbles up here (lol)
                    Sarah

6. smackins1974 profile image66
    smackins1974posted 13 years ago

Well it isn't just the 2 of you against the world you know I quite frequently pop over to affiliates.learningchinaholidays .com  without the gap
    and put my comments there but it is quite lonesome and in need of more intellegant affiliate writers like myself who just want to earn something as a sideline to adsense and amazon revenue as we do on here.
    There must be loads of hubbers out there doing just that with other sites so why they refuse to give this one a chance is beyond me!!!!????
    It is complete madness if you ask me to turn down a chance to make money in todays crappy economic climate.
    Ithought your <snipped link> hub was quite informative and if it was just a case to promote the affiliate site then this chat would have focused more on <snipped link> hub instead!!! (lol) If people are against you promoting just your own hubs then they are more than welcome to read mine and pearldiver's too so as not to be biased surely???
    Anyway that is my twopence worth for now
    Sarah

Hi Sarah - I would say that it is more about it being a new thing that stops people committing - and it has only been open a week or so. 

Most people want to see what others have done first, it takes a brave soul to be first - even though the rewards can be higher smile

2. recommend1 profile image61

Hi Sarah - I was just running back through here to see if I had missed anything and looked again at the snipped links in your post.

It is not against the rules to promote another hubbers hub so I would like an explanation for the snipping here.  If this is against the rules then the "recommend another hubbers hub" will have to go !

Any Moderators around to explain this ?

good point about promoting OTHER people's hubs R1 I recall looking at that other thread a while back. Perhaps I should go promote your hubs over there just so they cant be cut out of my thread reply!!!
        meanwhile the wrongly snipped links from above again were <snipped link>      and h<snipped link>    and if they get snipped again you can complain!!!!!
        Sarah

2. Maddie Ruud profile image72
        Maddie Ruudposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You opened this entire thread basically for self-promotion, and I cut you some slack and left it open, but we certainly don't want to reward you for it, so links to your Hubs in this thread, even if posted by another user, will continue to be snipped.

No offence but self promotion of a profile with just 3 hubs - you're having a laugh!!
          As for the affiliate site this thread mentions surely that is an individuals choice of whether or not they want to make extra cash while google adsense is all over the place and traffic is dropping like dead flies surely people should have the choice to join up if they want to???
          People are promoting affiliate programs all over the site through hubs or otherwise how is this different??
          Regards
          Sarah

1. Maddie Ruud profile image72
            Maddie Ruudposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Sarah, the forums have different rules than Hubs.  For example, while you can promote affiliate offers within reason on your Hubs, we never allow affiliate links in the forums.  Threads opened for the sole purpose of self-promotion are usually closed. In this case, I left the thread open because it seemed that some good discussion might come out of it.

At this point it just seems like an excuse to argue with me on matters of policy, so I'm shutting it down.

7. smackins1974 profile image66

Hi Recommend1

I don't know if I am a brave person then or just a family guinea pig!! Either way if I make some money along the way I'm happy smile

Where is the adventure in being a follower that jumps onto an already rolling bandwagon, I'd rather be upfront helping steer the thing!!!

Sarah

You are clearly a brave guinea pig big_smile

And you are right in my opinion, the first steering is qht decides most of the direction I have found.  More likely the site will become what you would like to see.

At the moment it looks like I am the only person to submit on the submissions page though I know others will be following suit soon so I guess that helps me steer quite effectively. lol
        Sarah

1. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60
          SomewayOuttaHereposted 13 years agoin reply to this

hey sarah....i've activated and am looking around...figuring things out...family, eh?  big_smile  ....i luv it!

Oh good someone that will join me over on affiliates.learningchinaholidays .com  (without the gap) in time then. will be nice to have some more conversation on the website rather than the back and forth conversation between me and chris in all the comments over there.

Yes there is a family connection between myself and Recommend1 and as such I obviously expect all his followers to now follow me too big_smile (lol).

Whether or not I should divulge the link or not...hmm... maybe it should be a mystery for you all for the time being. But I will say I am in the UK and he is in China and we are not (and never have been) married to each other!! (I don't think he'd survive that scenerio smile I'm too high maintenence!!) (lol)

I look forward to seeing you on affiliate website some time soon SOH

Sarah

8. Sufidreamer profile image79
    Sufidreamerposted 13 years ago

PD - This one has a very familiar posting style and an obsession with Japan.

It reminds me of a certain, dog-faced troll that was banned from the site a while back. wink

I was just on the 'other' thread here and came back to say just that - and you got here first by one minute !

Hi Sufi... Really he was banned? sad
      I quite liked some of his posts and some of his work!
      But then that was before I became a highly hysterical and emotional cripple, with no patience for short dicks hiding in blank corners, you know! yikes roll

@If you think really hard, on that family name, you might well identify exactly how appropriate it truly is, in Any Position! big_smile

1. profile image48

Unless my thinking is just too depraved, I have to consider that anything "diver" - while likely very fun -  precludes a number of positions.

3. smackins1974 profile image66

Sufidreamer - did I miss something??? Japan??? I could have sworn this link was with China not Japan???
      There must be some subtext going on elsewhere that I am missing out on, anyone care to fill in the blanks??
      Have you signed up to affiliates yet? Will you be joining me, SOH and PD over on website??
      Sarah

9. Sufidreamer profile image79
    Sufidreamerposted 13 years ago

hehe - There is certainly more than a passing resemblance. smile

How is China treating you?

Very well thanks - I am now in the south where the winters are shorter smile  You still in Greece absorbing ouzo and rays ?

1. Sufidreamer profile image79
        Sufidreamerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Sounds nice - it must be exciting to explore that huge, fascinating country!

No rays or ouzo at the moment - it is cold and wet here in the winter, so we drink hot Raki with a few cloves and a touch of cinnamon. Great for clearing the head! smile

PD - It was, and it keeps returning, despite the fact that it is about as welcome as a fart in a spacesuit. It was a very nasty piece of work - I long ago ceased responding to its venom.

Really? Well I never saw that directly or indirectly, so in fairness I can not respond to that. Wow I must have had my head in something other than a book or the forums! smile

Hope all's well there mate.. it's been a bit shaky here in the last week sad

10. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60
    SomewayOuttaHereposted 13 years ago

hey R1...waiting for another switch to be turned on....

That will likely be Tuesday then SOH - cos it makes for a really late night here and I dont have to get up Wednesday morning big_smile

...okay...i'll look around the site more....it's interesting....  i have some ideas....photography, comes to mind....  big_smile

It certainly does !  I think there is a really good photo storage and display system a bit like Iris, I'll look into it and get it attached, or some way of handling pics.

Is near midnight in lalaland here so I am out of here !

..okay...sweet dreams panda bear....i'll check tonight if i'm around....

...i'm back...on both sites....

Just rushing through on a short lunch hour - why you up at 5 in the morning LOL . now I am gone again - back to the chalk face !

11. smackins1974 profile image66

while the Panda Bear sleeps in lalaland the forum slips from the top ten list......but wait with all these time differences maybe he doesn't (he he lol)
    Sarah
    PS dont ever say I dont help you out x

12. smackins1974 profile image66

Hi Recommend1

Been working on some more hubs today that should be just the sort of thing you are looking for for the affiliate site. Just need a bit more tweaking and need to find some nice images to go with hubs but should be able to add to submissions page in next 48hrs.
    Sarah

PS can I steal oops I mean reuse some of your redundant facebook photos of the area?? You have some great scenery shots??? Actually come to think of it may have them on PC from your visit to the UK last year, either way wont use shots with anyone in them just scenery. LET ME KNOW IF THIS IS OK
    Cheers
    Sarah

13. smackins1974 profile image66

R1 - Actually ignore question about photos on facebook just looked and there aren't half as many as I remember. One's I have saved on PC are mostly people shots, maybe you could email me some more recent ones I could use. thanks
    sarah

Closed to reply

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)