Expert Market Advice...

1. vector7 profile image60
    vector7posted 5 years ago

Is there anyone who could help me in understanding how to find where the demand for certain products are and how to determine what will sale and where?

I have a lot of planning to do, but this has slowed me somewhat. I'm looking into the paper industry, and I'm not exactly talking, -in my garage- production.

But the whole point is to find potential buyers if I'm going to be a supplier. I have means to supply, and am sure there is a demand somewhere, I'm just not sure how to implement the marketing.

Any help at all is GREATLY appreciated.

1. Quilligrapher profile image90
      Quilligrapherposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I usually have more opinions than I know what to do with, Vector7, so I give them away for free. (or less.)  And here I go again.

If I were planning a venture in an industry new to me and outside of my past experience, I would turn to that industry‚Äôs national trade associations.  Almost every industry has one or more and they usually offer a treasure-trove of statistics and data about companies and practices.  Secondly, I would look closely at my competition, what they know, how they do business, and what mistakes they've made.

On the other hand, if I were planning a venture into an industry new to me and outside of my past experience, I would probably forget it and stick to what I know best.