jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (5 posts)

Any advice you can give me on starting a 501 (c) (3) Company

1. sassyk73 profile image79
    sassyk73posted 5 years ago

I have been thinking about starting one for a while and have no idea on how to begin. Please share some of your experiences. I really would appreciate the help.  God Bless You smile

1. classicalgeek profile image89
      classicalgeekposted 5 years ago in reply to this

A non-profit company, while not for profit, is still a business. Get a business consultant to help you set one up--I recommend a business consultant who is also a CPA or an attorney, since they are bound by confidentiality. Since you referenced U.S. law, I am assuming you are in the U.S. Go around to all the non-profit companies you can find and ask for advice, and especially ask for introductions to people who are passionate about the same cause.

If you cannot afford a business consultant (you may contact me via my profile for a specific recommendation), then your next best bet is your local SCORE (Service Corps of Retired Executives) office, which gives out free advice and is funded by the Small Business Administration. I know that I got excellent advice, support and encouragement from them when I started my own business.

sassyk73posted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to give me advice. It is most appreciated smile God bless you.

2. livewithrichard profile image85
      livewithrichardposted 5 years ago in reply to this

You can check out my series of hubs on how to write bylaws for your nonprofit.

sassyk73posted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thank you livewithrichard smile

working