jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (9 posts)

What topic would you choose for a Customer Service workshop?

1. Sapphireid profile image70
    Sapphireidposted 5 years ago

I'm happy to be called a Queen of Customer Service. However, there are many times that I think to myself: Are these poeple or busineses just waiting for me to stop by and put a spotlight on their beyond unprofessional Bad customer service performances?! Ha! More funny than not. Because this is absolutely not true. Meanwhile, I'm wondering which topic should be the very First subject for my upcoming Customer Service workshop. That's where your help comes in. Please post your response to which topic you'd vote for:

1) Defining the Meaning of Customer Service

2) How to attain a Recourse Action

3) Identifying Recourse Actions

4) Reasons for a Recourse Action

It's never a good thing to receive Bad or Mistreated Customer Service.

Thank you! Now, dig into the discussion and post your topic vote.

1. Quilligrapher profile image88
      Quilligrapherposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Hi there, Sapphireid. Good luck with your upcoming workshop.
      May I vote "None of the Above?"
      My suggestion would be "How Customer Service adds to Profits."
      It seems to me, the first step is to show that better Customer Service doesn't cost, it pays.
      Again, good luck to you.

Sapphireidposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Hey there Quilligrapher, Thank you!

That's Great! You added something that I didn't think anyone or business owner would want/need to learn about. This is the Viable Reason I created this Forum. Thanks again and Best Regards,

2. Paul Raisbeck profile image60
    Paul Raisbeckposted 5 years ago

I think I'm with Quilligrapher on this one; the first step is to get the team to understand why customer service is important by contextualising and linking it to something that they (probably) already understand.

For example "we need to provide a good customer experience IN ORDER TO increase our profitability".

If they still haven't got it then link profitability to paying their wages!

Hello Paul,

First, let me laugh some. Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha! Thank you. It does make sense that the Team should understand Why Customer Service is Important. And your last line: If they still haven't gotten it, then link Profitability to Paying their Wages! Classic! Many IGNORE this. Unfortunately, every once in a while I come into contact with someone that fits this profile. But fortunate for me, to help you and every other person here in California and the USA by putting a "Spotlight" on the business to DO IT better. Yes!

Thanks again for your vote and Best Regards,

1. brianc2k profile image60
        brianc2kposted 5 years ago in reply to this

When I do my customer service presentations I start with management and profile customer service as a marketing tool for customer retention.  Then I relate customer service performance as a measured unit of the individuals evaluation towards promotion.

Hello there Brianc2k,

Thank you for reading my post and placing your vote of a topic!

Best regards,

3. hotpmjobs profile image60
    hotpmjobsposted 5 years ago

I agree with none of the above.

I would want to focus on the value Customer Service can bring to the business and the bottom line.  While it is hard to believe that there are companies out there that do not understand good customer service is the the best way to advertise, increase profits and retain customers it must be the case as to me.  Unfortunately, it is no longer normal to receive good customer service.  In fact I would say it is so rare now that I am no longer shocked when I get poor service and extremely bad service is probably just around the corner for the average experience.

If I were you I would want to provide and show metrics how customer service will differentiate their company from competitors or how the ROI will be worth their effort.

Good Customer Service does not cost you and if it is done right it could make you more money than your paid advertising, but bad Customer Service will cost you more than you will every expect.

Go with something like

The true value of Customer Service

Are you leaving money on the table? Find out if your Business has bad profit table manners and how you can correct them.

Do not miss the Great Customer Service Cash Grab!  Find out how to differentiate your business and increase profits through effective, efficient, and quality customer service. Do not wait Cash in NOW!!

I wish you the best of luck with your workshop.

Hello Hotpmjobs,

Thank you for your tactful comments and for your vote! Nice! I have to say, I began with Advocating for Great customer service satisfaction when i noticed Businesses, after Business, continuing to show that they clearly don't have a conscious for providing invaluable Great Customer Service to ALL (not some), ALL customer's. Oh, yes! I've discovered them, wasn't looking but, somebody needs to put a spotlight on them. Hmph! To the contrary Hotpmjobs, with the way the economy remains struggling to come out of a more than 9% Unemployment and some Businesses closing down/going out of business: Because of the Shaky economy and downsizing, to elimination of businessses, there needs to be more that is required for EACH business to follow the standard of invaluable Customer Service. And craze to receive outstanding feedback and referrals for customers.

Your vote will definitely be helpful. It show's one of the many reasons I needed to create this forum post. Thank you!