jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (9 posts)

I need work

1. sid_candid profile image60
    sid_candidposted 5 years ago

I am in a difficult situation and need work in the form of article writing projects. I have tried at places like Elance, Odesk etc for almost a month and did not get a single project. I would appreciate if someone can help me get work or offer work.

1. jLou03 profile image60
      jLou03posted 5 years ago in reply to this

Why not try freelancer.com? Competition is hard anyhow... But if you are really outstanding in English, then you may land a project then.

2. Uninvited Writer profile image83
    Uninvited Writerposted 5 years ago

Check out Wordsofworth.co.uk they are looking for US, Canadian and Australian writers. Be aware you have to send them a writing sample.

Did you try Brighthub?

By the way, a month is not a long time to try anything.

1. sid_candid profile image60
      sid_candidposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I don't qualify for Wordsofworth.co.uk as I am from India. I know one month is a short period but things are really getting out of hand and I need to find some work.

3. melbel profile image92
    melbelposted 5 years ago

I get most of my work from Digital Point forums. Be careful not to get ripped off, though! It can happen!

4. Uninvited Writer profile image83
    Uninvited Writerposted 5 years ago

Writing online will never be a good way to earn quick money, even i you start now many don't pay until the end of the next month.

5. Richieb799 profile image67
    Richieb799posted 5 years ago

Keep trying at Odesk, I just got SEO work there, one day after signing up.

6. Urbane Chaos profile image90
    Urbane Chaosposted 5 years ago

There was a freelancer site that I used to use years ago that was set up like an advanced form of Craigslist.  I looked for it a second ago, but I couldn't find it anymore.  Either way, you may be able to search for Freelance Job Boards and see what that comes up with.

With the site I used, they offered a lot of different type jobs, but a lot of it was just writing filler junk.  Some of the projects offered five bucks for a 300 word article, which is absurd, while other projects offered decent pay, but required good work.  Be careful with these kind of sites though.  I was scammed twice before I learned my lesson.

But, there were a few times that I was able to write and get paid the next day from private people, so it may be worth a shot.  The money's not great, but it might help.

This site seems similar to the one I used to use, and this one seems to give a reputable list of various job boards.

Good luck!

7. WriteAngled profile image92
    WriteAngledposted 5 years ago

May I suggest you investigate possibilities where you live as well as on the Internet. Local businesses have product catalogues/leaflets, tourist offices produce written information, and so on.

Why not also extend your proposed services to proofreading/editing existing documents? You could then also add college students (dissertations, essays) and staff (journal articles, books even)to your potential clients.

Finding local clients should involve you in less competition than bidding for projects open to anyone in the world. It may also allow you to charge better rates than some of the appalling ones I've seen offered on freelance web sites. Finally, if you do a good job, you will gain word of mouth recommendations and people will come looking for you rather than you having to go out to them.