jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (13 posts)

Are you a seller on eBay? If yes...

1. lady rain profile image87
    lady rainposted 5 years ago

do you have an eBay Store?

1. Ben Evans profile image75
      Ben Evansposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I am a seller and have an ebaY store.  It is a good way to make money online and the store is the best way to reduce fees.

1. lady rain profile image87
        lady rainposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I agree. I opened an eBay store after they increased the price on individual listings. It actually worked out a lot better having an eBay store. Like you said, it reduced fees and increased earnings.

2. EmpressFelicity profile image84
    EmpressFelicityposted 5 years ago

Not any more. I closed it about three years ago when they hiked their listing fees and shop subscriptions.

3. mepperly profile image64
    mepperlyposted 5 years ago

Yes I sell on eBay and have a store. I sell clothing and a few odds and ends. I like clothing because I have a great source and they are super easy to ship.

4. donotfear profile image91
    donotfearposted 5 years ago

The price hikes are ridiculous. I used to sell a bit here and there, but it's not profitable for someone who sells smaller ticket items. Plus, you have to pay for the store and if you aren't in it for the long-haul business aspect, it's self defeating.  I'd like to list a few things but after paying them their ridiculous fee plus the Paypal fee, it's not worth the time or trouble for me.

5. AOkay12 profile image84
    AOkay12posted 5 years ago

I sell on ebay from time to time, but I no longer have an ebay store.  I tried both ProStores and a separate ebay store a few years back, but closed both after about 4 or 5 months. The monthly costs were too much for me to continue the service.  I did not see much of a benefit with having an ebay store, because there was no increase in my sales. The last time that I listed anything was about 6 months ago by free auction. Now ebay allows sellers to list up to 50 items per month for free by auction.

6. starme77 profile image84
    starme77posted 5 years ago

nope got sick of the fees - went elsewhere ebay sucks

1. Paul Wingert profile image79
      Paul Wingertposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Ebay fees and policies sucks ass. I do sell on Ebay and use them to promote my items to another website like Blujay.com (free marketplace).

7. 0
    daniellehorganposted 5 years ago

Yes I have an eBay store, I have the most basic package however, as it's enough for me and not too expensive. I sell authentic cosmetics, which I buy as surplus stock from the manufacturers. It can be quite profitable and it is worth having a store smile

8. 0
    Holmes221bposted 5 years ago

I have had an Ebay account for years, and have tried to sell many different things, but everything has remained unsold.  So, I no longer try.  If I need to empty my home to make space, I just call the local charity shop.  They usually manage to sell it, sometimes for a great deal of money.  I don't think I one of life's natural sellers.

9. gvannorman150 profile image78
    gvannorman150posted 5 years ago

I used to be a huge advocate for eBay.  The site was the way to do business online. Then the fees started going up and the profits started going down. I closed my store around 3 years ago. 

I used to sell used designer clothes.  I would go to local thrift shops and buy name brand clothes at a huge discount and sell them in my eBay store.  My biggest find was a Chico womens shirt.  Bought it for $4.50 and sold it for 59.00 plus shipping.

10. maryerhope profile image61
    maryerhopeposted 5 years ago

i sell on ebay. Some things sell and you make a bit and some don't. Lets face it if you don't want it, why would others? having said that i probably buy more than  i sell!  I've had some great bargains!