jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (9 posts)

Do you think the USPS will eventually close business?

1. profile image0
    Deb Welchposted 5 years ago

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/5527928.jpg
    I read an article from - The Staten Island Advance - today and our Post Office is in major trouble.  It is the second-largest employer in the country.
    I can see by 2015 only electronic offices taking care of business and new mail service businesses emerging.

1. bgamall profile image86
      bgamallposted 5 years ago in reply to this

It will close if greedy private businesses take it over because some Tea Party moron wants to take away something that has worked magically for hundreds of years.

1. profile image0
        Deb Welchposted 5 years ago in reply to this

bgamall:  How true - I cannot even imagine not having a Post Office.  The PO may overcome their difficulties when they stop Saturday delivery and close an enormous number of offices and cut employee workforce.  However the articles I have been reading, claim these measures won't work for very long.  Thank you and have a great day.

2. truthfornow profile image79
      truthfornowposted 5 years ago in reply to this

It sure seems like they always trying to close the post offices where I live.  It is strange to think that one day post offices may not exist.

1. profile image0

truthfornow:  Thanks for replying.  Everyone will be angry when they stop Saturdfay service.

2. Stacie L profile image86
    Stacie Lposted 5 years ago

I can't picture the UPS or FedEx driver delivering my mail...roll

1. profile image0

Stacie L:  I can see new mail delivery service companies springing up to cope with the mass mailings.  Thanks.

3. galleryofgrace profile image81
    galleryofgraceposted 5 years ago

It will survive as long as Publishers Clearing House is around and bulk mail remains the same.

1. profile image0

Thanks for the comments.  I don't know that much about Publishers Clearing House but I do know about bulk mail - tons of it - especially at
      the holidays.  If our US Post Office closes all together - the world will
      not be the same.

working