jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (6 posts)

Bank of America website woes enter 6th day

1. Stacie L profile image86
    Stacie Lposted 5 years ago

Candice Choi, AP Personal Finance Writer, On Wednesday October 5, 2011, 3:22 pm EDT
    NEW YORK (AP) -- Bank of America customers have had trouble signing into their accounts for six days. Yet the bank still offered no reason Wednesday for the site's slowness.

A message on its home page said most of the website was working normally, but customers may experience "occasional delays."

A spokeswoman for Bank of America Corp., Tara Burke, says the company doesn't disclose the causes for website problems and noted that online banking was now available. She declined to say how many customers may still be experiencing slowness signing in.
    http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Bank-of-A … 0.html?x=0
    if it weren't for the fact that there are many customers that have to use this bank I would be rejoicing in their dilemma..roll

1. Dawn Conklin profile image60
      Dawn Conklinposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I  an understand her not giving any details of the problems or how many people are having trouble.  It is really a good security measure, if they release to the public what the problem was I am sure that a hacker would use any information to access their system.  It does sound crazy but I respect their silence on most of the matter.  There are way too many hackers just waiting to get in.

2. Cagsil profile image60
    Cagsilposted 5 years ago

Since I'm not a customer of said bank. I certainly hope they lose customers or customers get smart and find another place to put their money.

1. Stacie L profile image86
      Stacie Lposted 5 years ago in reply to this

unfortunately they hold the mortgage of many who don't have any choice now

1. Cagsil profile image60
        Cagsilposted 5 years ago in reply to this

That I don't doubt.

1. 70
          SanXuaryposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I believe this is the bank that plans on charging a user fee to replace all the money they will lose on ATM fees because of the new laws limiting how much they can charge. If they get a way with it then everyone will be paying fees like it at all the other banks.

working