jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (10 posts)

how to make money selling domain names

1. 61
    dailywealthposted 8 years ago

I want to really know really know how people are making money selling domain names on a regular basis with a alittle work of 30minutes work everyday

2. thranax profile image58
    thranaxposted 8 years ago

Lol! It isn't that simple. The basics is buying a domain name and selling it to someone who wants to buy it. If no one buys then you just pay for nothing to reserve it! You can lose a lot of money doing this. If your not into webpages, web design, and a good sense of business I don't even suggest trying!

3. WHoArtNow profile image85
    WHoArtNowposted 8 years ago

If that was possible, everyone would do it!

1. thranax profile image58
      thranaxposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Well like I have stated, It is possible but if your not good at it your gonna lose A TON of money!

4. Lissie profile image86
    Lissieposted 8 years ago

Its not that risky: I domain will cost <$10 for a new com but I would buy a pre-owned for another $5 or so, probably put a quick site on it and flip it - but I haven't done it yet myself.  I know people who can buy a site for $15 - and flip it for a few 100 the same day - but they are experienced. 

dailywealth: just because it looks like someone is doing somthing quickly and easily doesn't mean its the case: usually they have spent a lot of time learning how to make money online

5. Marisa Wright profile image92
    Marisa Wrightposted 8 years ago

I'm just waiting for dailywealth's buddy to pop in and give us the link to tell us just how to do it - or am I being cynical?

But Lissie, you could probably explain it - do you mean they buy the domain name, build the site then put the site up for sale?   Would it attract a buyer if it hadn't had any traffic??

6. Lissie profile image86
    Lissieposted 8 years ago

Marisa you are cynical and probably correct! I got my relevant link first though LOL

Yeah they do: and people will buy just cause its pretty LOL Especailly if it has PR - which as you know as nothing to do with traffic! Heres a classic http://cgi.ebay.com/Harley-Davidson-Web … 286.c0.m14
    it all appears true: but the only income figures are potential not actual the listing is for a site called http://www.harleyheaven. info/( I broke the link deliberately) the site is not indexed by google and is new - first registered 24 Sept.  It will never be indexed by google because there is no unique content
    But there are no lies on the listing
    oh and depending on Harley Davidson the owner may get a cease and desist letter for mis-using their trademark!

7. sceptic profile image60
    scepticposted 8 years ago

Yes that is normally how it works, you buy the domain set it up and then sell it. I agree with lizzie though to buy one that is already existing. I would suggest to hold onto it, get some revenue...even if it just $50 a month and then sell it on. You will make more money on it then. But it sure isn't for the faint hearted, and unless you are very good at driving traffic and converting sales it's not really worth trying. Become really good at driving traffic and then have a go at it.

8. sceptic profile image60
    scepticposted 8 years ago

Lissie sorry I spelt your name wrong.

9. thranax profile image58
    thranaxposted 8 years ago

Well, it's not difficult to do, put you lose money if you can't find anyone to buy the domain! What a lot of people do is make a genetic quick 5-minute site for it so if any traffic came, there is ad sense ads and other  things on it, also with a large banner or article that says "Buy this Domain". Or something similar!