jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

MOORESVILLE, N.C. — Home-improvement retailer Lowe's Cos. says it will

1. Stacie L profile image87
    Stacie Lposted 5 years ago

MOORESVILLE, N.C. — Home-improvement retailer Lowe's Cos. says it will close 20 underperforming stores in 15 states and cut 1,950 jobs in a move that it says will allow it to focus on more profitable locations.

Ten locations were closed Sunday; the other 10 will close in a month.

Before the closures Lowe's operated 1,725 stores.
    maybe Hubpages needs to add a new subheading titled "business and Unemployment" section sad

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/44928593/#.Tpw4j3KVois

1. habee profile image89
      habeeposted 5 years ago in reply to this

If our Lowe's closes, hubby will have DTs!!

2. recommend1 profile image71
      recommend1posted 5 years ago in reply to this

Maybe some enterprising entrepeneur will open a small home improvement store that actually has stuff you want ?   Being reliant on big chains and corporations is one facet of self-induced slavery, confined to the only slave shop on the plantation.  When all the corps merge together and call themselves the world government the process will be complete.

1. profile image0
        Emile Rposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I agree with you, but you've possibly never been into a Lowes. It's handy person heaven. I shop local, as much as possible, but I do admit I also frequent the Lowes in town.

2. Stacie L profile image87
    Stacie Lposted 5 years ago

These big corp stores are town killers
    I have seen many small town hardware shops close as a big hardware and DIY store comes to town. I wish they didn't exist ;they take a way the home town feeling and personal service.The prices may be lower on some items but there is no help.

working