jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

MOORESVILLE, N.C. — Home-improvement retailer Lowe's Cos. says it will

1. Stacie L profile image88
    Stacie Lposted 5 years ago

MOORESVILLE, N.C. — Home-improvement retailer Lowe's Cos. says it will close 20 underperforming stores in 15 states and cut 1,950 jobs in a move that it says will allow it to focus on more profitable locations.

Ten locations were closed Sunday; the other 10 will close in a month.

Before the closures Lowe's operated 1,725 stores.
    maybe Hubpages needs to add a new subheading titled "business and Unemployment" section sad

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/44928593/#.Tpw4j3KVois

1. habee profile image90
      habeeposted 5 years ago in reply to this

If our Lowe's closes, hubby will have DTs!!

2. recommend1 profile image72
      recommend1posted 5 years ago in reply to this

Maybe some enterprising entrepeneur will open a small home improvement store that actually has stuff you want ?   Being reliant on big chains and corporations is one facet of self-induced slavery, confined to the only slave shop on the plantation.  When all the corps merge together and call themselves the world government the process will be complete.

1. 0
        Emile Rposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I agree with you, but you've possibly never been into a Lowes. It's handy person heaven. I shop local, as much as possible, but I do admit I also frequent the Lowes in town.

2. Stacie L profile image88
    Stacie Lposted 5 years ago

These big corp stores are town killers
    I have seen many small town hardware shops close as a big hardware and DIY store comes to town. I wish they didn't exist ;they take a way the home town feeling and personal service.The prices may be lower on some items but there is no help.

working