jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Application to Job Offer in less than 24hrs.. is this a record??

1. LeanMan profile image82
    LeanManposted 4 years ago

I spotted a cushy little job last night on a jobsite and thought why not.. applied and they have spoken to me on the phone and are sending me a contract this afternoon! Is this a record?

1. lobobrandon profile image81
      lobobrandonposted 4 years ago in reply to this

whatever it is make sure its legit and not a scam

2. kirstenblog profile image77
    kirstenblogposted 4 years ago

Great stuff!

When I first moved to the UK and was not allowed to take a job, I managed to find an under the table job during the christmas holidays. I had walked past this flower shop with a help wanted sign in the window and popped in. I told them it was a long shot as technically I wasn't supposed to work as per my visa but was interested and thought it wouldn't hurt to inquire. Left my number and went on my merry way to go get some food shopping, not an hour later I got a call from my husband saying they had called and did I want to start the very next morning? Well I stopped back in on my way home to say yes and I'll see you in the morning!

It wasn't much (just a few hours a week at £5 an hour) but it was a little extra cash when I needed it during the holiday season which was even more helpful big_smile

It's funny how these things happen sometimes, almost like 'it was meant to be'.

3. LeanMan profile image82
    LeanManposted 4 years ago

The job is a training / teaching position, will only take up a few hours of my time each week but will make a nice addition to my income here whilst I am relaxing in the Philippines.. I will have a bunch of students to mentor / tutor for six months - most of which will be done over the internet.. Open university type learning..
    I did my masters through the OU whilst working in the UK and I don't think I ever spoke to my tutor once.. lol

Pretty sure that the company offering the courses is half way legit - even if the degree courses they offer are not certified/approved/whatever through any government agency..

1. lobobrandon profile image81
      lobobrandonposted 4 years ago in reply to this

great then big_smile