jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (11 posts)

Are all American jobs equally important?

1. 0
    oldandwiseposted 4 years ago

I often hear people state, How can anyone do that for a living? Think about no one picking up the trash, think about all the people in service jobs, think about truck drivers, teachers, firemen, police, doctors, all jobs, ect....In my opinion, they are all equally important. Reason being, without one or more, would be like a bicycle tire without all its spokes.

1. Ramsa1 profile image72
      Ramsa1posted 4 years ago in reply to this

All jobs are important but not equally important. If they were all equally important, everyone would be paid the same. While we do need to have the trash picked up, I think that a heart surgeon's job is more important than a trash collector's.

1. John Holden profile image60
        John Holdenposted 4 years ago in reply to this

But if the heart surgeon had to pick up his own trash then he would spend less time being a heart surgeon!

2. kirstenblog profile image77
        kirstenblogposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Think about this, the guy who keeps the sewers moving saves the lives of most of the people who use the sewer. In London there were some very major outbreaks of illnesses like cholera that come from fecal matter, but we don't value them as much as the sports star. And I tell you what, those guys don't ever manage to get the smell off their skin, its one nasty job they do!

2. forhirejobs profile image60
    forhirejobsposted 4 years ago

Completely agree! The fact is there are numerous jobs that many would consider less than desirable but are absolutely essential to everyday life.

3. Cagsil profile image83
    Cagsilposted 4 years ago

Being able to live with shelter, food and some sort of transportation nowadays is actually a requirement. And to do that, requires a pretty decent wage.

Yes, jobs are important each has a role in society, but being able to survive is an entirely different subject.

4. 61
    crystalbabyposted 4 years ago

Completely agree!I really like their equal.I think our country should learn this from them.

5. Cassie Smith profile image76
    Cassie Smithposted 4 years ago

Well there are a need for certain jobs but your question was about importance so no.

1. Cagsil profile image83
      Cagsilposted 4 years ago in reply to this

6. ukbusiness profile image61
    ukbusinessposted 4 years ago

There is no way that ALL American jobs are equally important. For example look at the difference between a doctor and an outbound call-center agent. If one of the jobs didnt exist then its likely people will die, whereas if the other didnt exist it would rid of a minor annoyance to most peoples lives.

There are still a lot of very important service jobs that need doing, and its these that are often taken up by foreigners

7. 60
    adamwebb1991posted 4 years ago