jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (14 posts)

Would you prefer your employer to offer pay bonuses or an office party

1. zzron profile image61
    zzronposted 4 years ago

During the holidays, which is more important to you and why?

1. lorenmurcia profile image88
      lorenmurciaposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Knowing how bad is the economy today (since when did it improve?),  I will easily decide on taking the bonus. I'm very sure my co-workers will agree with me. We always have fun, anyway, so an office party will not be missed that much. smile

2. paxwill profile image81
    paxwillposted 4 years ago

I'll take the money smile

3. Mighty Mom profile image90
    Mighty Momposted 4 years ago

1. rebekahELLE profile image91
      rebekahELLEposted 4 years ago in reply to this

This would be nice! Our party this year is at a nice beach resort on Clearwater Beach. I think it's nice to get dressed up and enjoy a dinner party together.

4. 0
    Emile Rposted 4 years ago

It depends on the size of the bonus. If the employer doesn't factor in a percentage of shared profits, and is simply offering a token thank you; I guess the party would make more sense.

5. Richieb799 profile image64
    Richieb799posted 4 years ago

Take the money and run!! LOL

1. couturepopcafe profile image60
      couturepopcafeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Money.  Unless the party is being thrown in some exotic or fascinating place with all expenses paid.  Of course if the office is already in Hawaii, take the money.

6. emievil profile image83
    emievilposted 4 years ago

Money. But then again, I don't have any work right now, so my answer is kinda moot and academic tongue.

7. jcmayer777 profile image76
    jcmayer777posted 4 years ago

I'd take the party over an insignificant bonus amount, perhaps under $30 or something. 

In this day and age, I'd say you'd have to be pretty appreciative of any bonus or party....bonuses and parties where the employee doesn't have to pay for them are becoming a thing of the past.

8. habee profile image91
    habeeposted 4 years ago

Cold hard cash!

9. LookingForWalden profile image59
    LookingForWaldenposted 4 years ago

This happened at my old job for the past three years.
    They told us we didn't have money for a bonus but threw a huge party and bought us wack jackets and sweatshirts with assorted food.

Everyone in the company agreed that we would have rather took the money.

1. A Troubled Man profile image60
      A Troubled Manposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Most likely, the company was able to conveniently write off the party and schwag in its books a whole lot easier than paying out cash to its employees.

10. barryrutherford profile image39
    barryrutherfordposted 4 years ago

The office parties I have been to have been pretty ordinary affairs people seem to get  into their nice safe little groups.  You will see the grovelers surrounding the boss telling him things he wants to hear including praise for himself.  Then you'll get groups of men congregate. You'll see the ones that love the Grog and the ones that love football get together in smaller groups. sometimes defined by age group.  There is always an air of tension until attention is paid to the person that behaves the most badly.