jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (6 posts)

The Theory of Success

1. gmwilliams profile image85
    gmwilliamsposted 4 years ago

Success is a matter of planning, strategizing, and making opportunities.   Furthermore, in order to succeed in a given arena, one must be proactive.  Passive people are NEVER successful as life happens to them instead of they molding life to their expectations.   Successful people do not believe in using excuses, they believe in taking action to accomplish their goals.   Successful people are also hungry for success.   

Successful people are also winners who take responsibility for their actions be they good or ill.  Successful people also do not let their birth background deter them from achieving the success they believe they deserve.   Successful people furthermore have the do or die mentality regarding achieving a goal.  Do you agree with this analysis regarding success?  Why? Why not?

1. paradigmsearch profile image91
      paradigmsearchposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Pretty much. I'll add the word "perseverance".

1. gmwilliams profile image85
        gmwilliamsposted 4 years ago in reply to this

To paradigmsearch: You have made quite an excellent point.  Successful people refuse to give up when they fail and/or make mistakes.   They view these roadblocks as learning processes.  They refuse to view "failure" as an obstacle to their goal of success.  They also take calculated risks and are unafraid of making mistakes.   They furthermore view life as an exciting adventure to be savored and willingly accept challenges.

2. 0
      Muldaniaposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Yes, I agree that successful people are all of these things.  However, I believe that our personalities are fixed and determined by genetics, and therefore successful people have this advantage, and that people cannot therefore choose to be successful.

3. avan989 profile image80
      avan989posted 4 years ago in reply to this

I have to disagree with Muldania. Our personalities are determine by the environment in which we grew up in not genetics. Alot of children from rich family aren't that successful without their parents's backing. I believe that true success depends on the goals that you set in place. Even if you made  a million dollars but never accomplish what you set out for, I would call that a failure. Me personally, True Failure is giving up. Anyone who keeps on trying is never a failure in my opinion.

2. knolyourself profile image59
    knolyourselfposted 4 years ago

If success is as was just said, "the Zen of Being", then would have to disagree.