jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (8 posts)

Has anybody made money from online publishing?

1. purefitness profile image67
    purefitnessposted 7 years ago

I was wondering if anybody has made money from publishing online?  I have seen and bought a heck of a lot of books on how you can make money from self-publishing/print on demand.  I have also read numerous articles on how people have made money selling their own ebooks via merchant programs etc.

I am keen to try this out, however the fees some sites are asking make me wonder if the vast majority of people would even be able to break even.

1. SweetiePie profile image84
      SweetiePieposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Take a look at the help section of HubPages and get a good feel for writing a top notch hub.  If you are willing to put in a lot of time and effort you can earn a little here and there from google adsense, kontera, ebay, and amazon, but most people it will not make enough money in order to quit their day jobs.  There are a few that do make a living publishing online, but they have invested a great deal of effort in researching which type of content performs the best.  I would not pay money for any program that promises you can become rich by publishing online because most of those people make their living by selling their scammy work to unsuspecting people, which is how they make money online.  If you are willing to read the help section and find out how to write a good hub, I am sure you can make a little here and there on Hubpages.

2. Lissie profile image87
    Lissieposted 7 years ago

The vast majority of people don't make any money on the internet: normally because they don' t realise its hard work and they don't put the work in

1. guidebaba profile image60
      guidebabaposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I Agree. I NEVER Gave Up. Just worked...worked...worked. and today I am more than Happy with the Results.

3. purefitness profile image67

Yes, thanks for that.  I suppose it's good to know that in the end you can succeed, because results don't happen overnight where internet ventures are concerned.

4. VioletSun profile image70
    VioletSunposted 7 years ago

I haven't, but a few of the hubbers here do, one is Pgrundy who writes popular hubs, and earns income writing for websites.

5. 60
    internetenergyposted 7 years ago

I've made money from selling ebooks, such as a book on indoor gardening, as well as from people clicking on ads. I'm fairly new to hub pages, but I can say that hubpages has definitely helped increase traffic to my sites.  There is a real charm to Hubpages, I'm finding.

Cookie cutter techniques probably won't work.  I'm finding people are doing best on the internet if they can convey their own personal style and personal voice online. Most of the techniques for making money with online publishing can probably be found on the Internet without spending any money.

6. purefitness profile image67

It's nice to know that you are doing well.  I agree that some of my favourite hubs and blogs are when you sense that people are talking to you rather than at you.  Thanks for your advice!