jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (5 posts)

Being Fired

1. sassysexybossy profile image59
    sassysexybossyposted 4 years ago

Have you been fired before it seems like the end of the world but it's really another door opening up for you. So don't get discouraged.

1. wilderness profile image95
      wildernessposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Do get discouraged???

I've never been fired, but have been slowly pushed out with steadily decreasing wages and increasing hours (on salary).  You're right - I ended up with a totally different career and one I actually enjoy.

1. gmwilliams profile image86
        gmwilliamsposted 14 months ago in reply to this

It's good that you have never been fired.  If you were fired, you will be in a worse situation careerwise.  Fired people DON'T END UP WELL careerwise.

2. gmwilliams profile image86
      gmwilliamsposted 23 months ago in reply to this

Being fired is THE END OF THE WORLD.  One is considered to be damaged goods.  One will never ever be successful; at best, one's career life will be mediocre at best.  Being fired is something to be avoided at all costs.  Successful people are never fired. I was taught that being fired from a job is a disgrace!  There are those who believe that their life is finished upon being fired from a job!

3. gmwilliams profile image86
      gmwilliamsposted 14 months ago in reply to this

Not necessarily.  Being fired is the end of the world.  There is a stigma to being fired.  Fired employees are viewed as failures, even losers.  They are also viewed as problematic and.......blemished.  No right minded employer wants a fired employee in his/her ranks.  When a person is fired, his/her career options are......OVER.  In other words, ALL IS LOST as far as his/her career goes.  Fired people become unemployable i.e. abject failures as no one wants them.  They will NEVER be successful as the person who was never fired.

Studies have shown that there is a correlation between being fired and committing self-destructive acts.  Being fired damages one's self-esteem and self-worth.  Advice to those who were/are fired:  don't permit people to inform you that things will get better and that another door will open.  NO IT WON'T.  The doors are shut and will remain permanently shut for fired employees.  Fired employees have nothing left as far as their career and success prospects go.  No one wants a fired employee pure and simple.   Fired employees are considered the bad seed as far as the corporate world goes. Just being realistic here.  All hope is gone and lost.