What are the funniest moments you have experienced while working?

1. rlaha profile image78
    rlahaposted 4 years ago

If you have ever worked for yourself, someone else, a big company or even a chain of companies, you must have had at least one funny story from there.  I would love to hear about them.

As for me, I have written 3 hubs to explain my experiences so far at my place of work. You are welcome to check them out at any time.  I am sorry that it is against the forum rules to link my hubs here, but if you want to read them, click on my screen name and search for Funny Customers- Parts 1-III.

1. JKenny profile image94
      JKennyposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Probably when I worked at a restaurant. One of the Supervisors brought a Coke from the vending machine in the Staff room. She left it on the counter for a moment, and left the room. So I took the opportunity to pour a little of my Blackcurrant juice into the coke. She came back, took a sip and spat it out in front of everyone, she started coughing and spluttering. It sounds harsh, but she was a right battleaxe. I laughed so hard, I nearly burst. What was better, was that she never found out it was me, she just thought it was a dodgy Coke.

2. DUBS-and-TIRES profile image60
    DUBS-and-TIRESposted 4 years ago

When I first started my company www.DUBSandTIRES.com, the internet was just starting the free shipping boom.  I was never thrilled with free shipping, because as we all know, there is nothing free in this world.  Like most sensible people, I thought what a gimmick, tell me I have free shipping and charge me for it in your price. So when I started my website, I said I am not going with the trend and I decided that we would not submit to the free shipping gimmick, and intelligent consumers would appreciate it.  To say the least, we now offer free shipping on our website for pretty much any and everything you purchase.  I thought that I could give the lowest rate posssible to all customers, by using calculated shipping, which is still the truth. After several phone calls that proved that advertising is far more powerful than common sense, I gave up my trivial pursuit for what I thought was right, and I did what everyone else does, give the customer what they want. I took a sales call one day and a customer was asking me to price match. This is a common practice in our business, so I said no problem.  The customer said, "hey I would like to purchase these wheels from you, but I need you to do a price match."  So I replied, "No Problem."  He said, "Well they have the rim for $900.00 with free shipping." I replied, " well I have them for $800.00 plus $75.00 dollars for shipping" and he replied, "but they have free shipping." I then said "But I am $25.00 dollars cheaper.", and he replied, "But they have free shipping." I did sale him the wheels, but after 3 or 4 similar phone calls, we changed to free shipping.  Our prices generally got a little higher on average for every customer, but hey we have free shipping and everyone loves it.  I guess if it ain't broke don't fix it.