Would you pay $5,000 to use Google?

1. Stacie L profile image88
    Stacie Lposted 4 years ago

Would you pay $5,000 to use Google?
    New research finds people fork over $5,000 worth of personal information a year to Google in exchange for access to its "free services" such as Gmail and search. While many view this as a fair trade, privacy experts say the Internet giant's latest plan to pool user data from its various sites make it less so.

Experts say that information is more valuable than people may think. Michael Fertik, CEO and founder of Reputation.com, one of a slew of new paid -- and free -- services to help consumers keep their Web use anonymous, says personal information can be worth between $50 and $5,000 per person per year to advertisers and market researchers -- depending on how much they spend and how useful the information is to third parties. Fertik says this explains why online breaches are so lucrative and on the rise.
    http://money.msn.com/saving-money-tips/ … 3b32289495
    yeah,I think most people know this,at least they suspect it.
    I don't divulge a lot of personal information online,and don't like the fact that they have all my searches on file..Now why do you suppose that they do this?

1. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60
      SomewayOuttaHereposted 4 years ago in reply to this

well....it's just around the corner...i just changed my telephone no.s to private...don't want to be disturbed...paid for it....so..the net will be next?