Storage Unit Riches

1. Stacie L profile image89
    Stacie Lposted 4 years ago

I am a fan of "Storage Wars",and Texas Storage Wars, and also the other storage buying programs. It looks like easy money but it is  gambling for sure.
    Has anyone bid and bought storage units and have you mad ea good money with them? smile

1. livewithrichard profile image86
      livewithrichardposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I make good money buying storage units but only during the summer months.  I don't have much space to store things and they can add up pretty quickly.  I usually turn over most of the things I find at flea markets on the weekends or by selling them on either Ebay or Craigslist.  I've also taken a few things to consignment stores and pawn shops.  It's pretty hard to turn things over during the winter except through online sources.  It takes storage space to

It is fun though and you can make a lot of money if you know what you are doing. However if you bid on units that are full of mystery boxes then yes it is a gamble.

My last unit, I paid only $125 and it had a $2000 Italian leather sofa set, which is now in my living room, and a couple boxes full of depression glass which I sold to an antique dealer for $400.  I made out like a bandit and am getting ready to start up again soon.

1. Stacie L profile image89
        Stacie Lposted 4 years ago in reply to this

That sounds great Richard...
        i guess summer is better since the outdoor flea markets are a good place to sell.