Who wants to be a Consultant and what would you succeed? And Clients?

1. JYOTI KOTHARI profile image75
    JYOTI KOTHARIposted 7 years ago

I had once jumped to consulting from my original business of gem and jewellery.  I was volunteering myself as a Joint secretary and treasurer of a community run school in India. I wanted to uplift standard of the school and went for ISO 9001 certification for the school. ISO 9000 was quite a new idea for an educational institute at that time (2000-01).

While working for the same I was fascinated with the Quality Management System and took a courseto be a lead auditor for ISO 9000.

I started consultancy for the same and worked for varieties of industries both in manufacturing and service sector e.g.airport,hospital,educational institutes, software companies, wire manufacturing industry, textile industry etc. But I found that my original business can pay me more so I came back to that and still I provide consultancy on a part time basis or I volunteer it to my friends and charitable/social orgs.

The experience has immensely benefited me in my own business.

Jyoti Kothari

2. greathub profile image76
    greathubposted 7 years ago

Hi Experienced Men,

I am a young fresh Mechanical engineer just graduated this month. I wish to become a successful professional one day. I would like to know how consultants work.

Do they work like "freelancers" choosing their own time for work?

How much experience is needed to become a consultant?

Is consultancy field good for earning top dollar?