jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (15 posts)

I have started a new business-is it okay to post the name of it here?

1. lorlie6 profile image85
    lorlie6posted 4 years ago

I'm not sure if it would be considered self-promotion to do so here in the forums, so if it's verboten, how am I going to let other hubbers know about it, other than in a Hub?

1. Marisa Wright profile image93
      Marisa Wrightposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Include a link in your profile, and write a Hub about it. Posting a link in the forums would be considered self-promotional and not allowed.

2. lorlie6 profile image85

Geeze, I just realized a already put a link in one of my hubs about scammers.  But is it okay to post it here, too?

3. lorlie6 profile image85

Anyone?

4. Dame Scribe profile image60
    Dame Scribeposted 4 years ago

Some Hubbers will post that particular link in their profiles smile I do believe it's allowed. I would suggest posting the link in your social sites too.

1. rebekahELLE profile image91
      rebekahELLEposted 4 years ago in reply to this

This is probably the best way to do it lorelie.
      Threads aren't supposed to be started for self promotion. Good luck with your new business.

5. cruelkindness profile image71
    cruelkindnessposted 4 years ago

Sure! Its up to the Hubpages community and over time depending on your approach depends on how hubbers respond to your profile.

Some people think its like telemarketing. 

So, publish with caution.

cruelkindness (Subliminally Thoughtless)

lorlie6posted 4 years ago in reply to this

Subliminally Thoughtless?  Awesome!!
      Bye all and thank you.

6. 0
    Motown2Chitownposted 4 years ago

No answer for you, Lor, but BIG CONGRATS!!!

Hi, M2C! 
      Thank you, certainly, but congrats for what, exactly?  smilesmile

1. Brandon Tart profile image60
        Brandon Tartposted 4 years ago in reply to this

It seems to many that linking your site or business to hubpages may be a way to drive traffic to both.  Businesses network all the time - it is the way of this era...  link your own website to hubpages by putting a link to your profile hereon, and let them cycle.  I look at it as a sort of "revolving credit."  If you find hubpages to be credible and reputable, then why wouldn't its overseers support you in return?  I commend you if you do so...  breaking trite rules, taking risks - isn't that part of business to begin with?  FORTUNE FAVORS THE ITALICS...

Brandon,
          I honestly appreciate your feedback and have taken all of this quite seriously.  Thanks again.
          L

1. Richard A. Nelson profile image60
            Richard A. Nelsonposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I suggest writing a hub about what your business does and not the business itself, like 5 ways to save money, for a financing or account business. Then link to your business toward the end or in the conclusion. Make sure to use a good keyword as well and Do Not add more than one link to your work in a single hub. It looks promotional and is frowned upon.

Why, thank you for such information, Mr. Nelson, is it?  You do look so very familiar...tongue

7. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image94
    Marcy Goodfleischposted 4 years ago

Congratulations, Lorlie!  I agree, you should be able to post a link on your profile and write a hub aboit it.  Make certain your hub actually gives information and lives up to the title - otherwise, it could look like a 'teaser' hub that make people click to get the real info.

working