jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Job satisfaction is a must

1. silverstararrow profile image84
    silverstararrowposted 4 years ago

Do you find satisfaction in working in a field that you enjoy, even though you aren't quite highly paid, or does easy money sound better? Not everybody gets a career of their choosing. Is it really important to enjoy your work, or are you content with any job that offers a good salary.

Which is an appealing option : being employed in a field that interests you, or being employed anywhere as long as you are paid some good money?

1. Super Lux profile image61
      Super Luxposted 4 years ago in reply to this

i presently earn more than i have ever did before.  but i am unhappy with my job.  the boss doesn't care much about the employees, my colleagues are what we may call 'toxic', the industry does not interest me at all and the pressure is too much. 

in my previous jobs, i was not paid that well but i was always happy.  we always find time to laugh at almost anything but we still manage to be productive.  the industry does not appeal to me at first but i learned to love it because i was enjoying.

I left because of some personal reasons, one of which is to seek greener pasture.

so to answer the question, i'd rather have that not too well paying job but i was happy, than to be paid more but i drag myself to work every morning.

if only there's no contract that ties me here i would have left on the second day.

2. 0
    screamingposted 4 years ago

I prefer working in a field that I totally enjoy doing. Life is too short to work at at job you dislike just for money.

3. WriteAngled profile image92
    WriteAngledposted 4 years ago

I like doing the work I do and working for myself. I love the combination of work that feels more like play and being able to go off and play in other ways too whenever I want, without asking anyone's permission. This is worth far, far more to me than getting a higher income plus all the other perks as an employee doing work that doesn't really appeal.