jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (10 posts)

Have you ever worked from home?

1. Cagsil profile image84
    Cagsilposted 4 years ago

Cagsil(my HubPages name)- Citizens Attain Greater Satisfaction In Life is a home-based company. wink And I enjoy what I do. smile

1. Jasmine A Holt profile image61
      Jasmine A Holtposted 4 years ago

Yes I have! My company that I work for allowed me to work from home some time ago on most of my assignments and projects because my work did not have to be in an office per se. I'm glad that you are enjoying it so much. It definitely gives an alternative to those who need it. On the other hand, it can get tempting to mix home and work-as some are unable to handle the freedom of their environment.

Again, enjoy!

2. wrenfrost56 profile image84
      wrenfrost56posted 4 years ago

Hubpages is the closest thing that I have to working from home and I find that fun, plus I can do it wearing my pj's if I really want to smile

1. WriteAngled profile image92
        WriteAngledposted 4 years ago

I have been working from home for myself since the end of 2003. I would not dream of changing my status back to working for someone else.

I love the fact that I do not need to pay attention to any office chit-chat or office politics, that I can work when I please while wearing what I like to wear. If I feel like having a break from work and playing a game, there is no one to breathe down my neck. 

I work 18+ hours a day some days, but also take far more days off than I would ever have given to me as holidays by any employer.

1. Disturbia profile image60
          Disturbiaposted 4 years ago in reply to this

LOL, it's the office chit-chat and all the social interaction that I missed when I was working from home.  As much as I like working in comfy clothes, there comes a time when I need to get dressed, get out, and get into a more professional environment where there is some structure and limits and the ADHD can't get the better of me. I find I work best in an atmosphere where I have guardrails to keep me from getting hyperfocused or completely distracted, which is much too easy for me at home.

2. Bredavies profile image73
        Bredaviesposted 4 years ago

I would love to work from home, but I don't even know how to go about doing this.

1. Cagsil profile image84
          Cagsilposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Hey Bredavies, it's great to see you in the forums. smile That's a great picture of you on your profile too. smile big_smile

3. JKenny profile image94
        JKennyposted 4 years ago

Nope, not yet. But I certainly hope that I can one day. Hubpages is giving me the launchpad to achieve such dreams.

4. MelChi profile image87
        MelChiposted 4 years ago

I worked from home for a year and a half and loved it. I enjoyed the freedom of not having to answer to anyone besides myself, of working my own hours and of making my own decisions. I missed the interaction with people on a daily basis the most though.