jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (10 posts)

Become a "writer for hire" type with Hubpages?

1. A Thousand Words profile image81
    A Thousand Wordsposted 4 years ago

I get emails from multiple job searching sites, and one of them had a posting for HubPages and becoming an online blogger who writes no less than 2 hubs a week. Is this real, true? How does payment work? Is it only from others clicking on advertisements?

2. EmpressFelicity profile image82
    EmpressFelicityposted 4 years ago

Can you post a link? I'd be curious to see the exact wording of the advertisement.

1. A Thousand Words profile image81
      A Thousand Wordsposted 4 years ago in reply to this
      1. lrohner profile image86
        lrohnerposted 4 years ago in reply to this

It's misleading, to say the least, and is simply a ploy to get more people writing at HubPages. Yes -- the only way you will get paid is through ad impressions/clicks or commission on Amazon sales.

1. EmpressFelicity profile image82
          EmpressFelicityposted 4 years ago in reply to this

*must read previous posts*

2. Mark Ewbie profile image84
          Mark Ewbieposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I'm shocked.  I mean, wow, that's awful.

Hmmm.

I'm not exactly earning "thousands" yet.

Must be doing something wrong.

2. EmpressFelicity profile image82

Thanks.

I'd say that ad is very misleading, to the point of being unethical. To anyone who doesn't know anything about writing for content sites, it gives the impression that you can join, throw up 2 - 3 hubs per week and earn "up to thousands of dollars a month". Jus'likethat. Nowhere does it say that even if you write 2 - 3 hubs a week, it will take one helluva long time before you earn even $100 a month (let alone thousands of dollars), and some people never even earn $100 a month, no matter how many hubs they write.

Sorry HubPages, but you just lost quite a bit of credibility in my eyes.

3. ASchwartz profile image87
        ASchwartzposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Imagine if you didn't know the first thing about this site, and followed an ad like that here? Most people would figure out pretty quickly the ad was misleading, and leave the site in disgust. They would write if off as a scam, and probably tell other people to avoid the site all together.

If the goal is to attract more writers, a stunt like this will likely do the exact opposite!

4. 0
        Chris Hughposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I wonder if that ad was actually put up by HubPages....I wanted to contact someone at HP and ask, but I can't find contact info. Someone should ask. Maybe it's just some creep trying to get referrals.

1. EmpressFelicity profile image82

Try team@hubpages.com

working