Goals Setting Prorammes
Importance of Vision and Goal Setting
Goals are a set of specific, measurable steps to achieve vision. one will feel satisfied and successful,When realistic goals are set and met. The whole concept of setting goals will have the exciting flavour of accomplishment. When goals are set, one is delivered from crisis management.
BENEFITS OF GOAL SETTING
- Goals simplify the decision making process : -When one knows the direction in life, one can evaluate simply and easily each situation as it presents itself.
- Goals tone up mental and physical health: -Without direction in life one is vulnerable to negative thought patterns. It is a scientific fact that mental attitude and physical health are closely related. Goals will demand one to remain sharp mentally and physically
- Accomplishments are enjoyed and realized through the help of life goals:- What cannot be measured cannot be monitored . without goals one floats aimlessly but, as goals are achieved, there is a feeling of satisfaction and accomplishment.
SET GOALS TO ACHIEVE YOUR MASTER PLAN
One will feel successful when realistic goals are set and met. Follow this simple piece of advice;
- Make a list desired achievements
- Put priorities in order of preference
- Do the list to the last
Goals are critical for success and achievements.Develop a goal setting programme thus;
- Set time aside for some undisturbed dreaming. If your thought life cannot be controlled by you, life will be a slake of your surroundings. Very little can stand against the pressure of sustained thought.
- Develop a masterplan: Planning is the only key for people who wants their lives to count. Forget the opinion of others.
A masterplan is simply a written statement that clearly defines your forward planning, your direction, your organization and your resources.
Having a goals programme requires commitment to action, one need to bring the wild ideas, dreams and visions together in some systematical form.
The vision will stay the same over a long period of time and the masterplan will correspond to thevision. Goals however , will have to be reviewed often in order to adjust them to changing situations in order to realize the vision.
Goals Produce Persistence: Many times we are nearer our goals than we think we are, so never give up,-persist.
It is always too soon to quit with a lasting fight, the battle may be lost but that does not determine that the war is lost. Progress results from persistence with purpose. Nothing is impossible to the willing heart.
Set definite goals, establish a plan of action for their fulfillment. The vision must remain permanent but the goals should be flexible.
THE FEAR OF GOAL SETTING
- Fear Of Imperfect Goals: So many are afraid that their goals will not work out so they are afraid to set targets and advance plans.
- Fear Of Defeat: One will never reach a distant shore while being afraid of losing the sight of the harbour. Be ashamed to die before you achieve something great in life.
- Fear Of Ridicule: The fear of what people think, brings a man to a snare. If your knees are knocking - kneel on them, and don't allow yourself to be distracted by being afraid of the reaction and opinion of others.
Keep your eyes on your goals and you will forget about yourself.The vision is important but it cannot be realized without a goals programme.
SET GOALS FOR SUCCESS
Here are some steps for one who wants achievable success.
- Form a very specific clear picture of what is wanted: Spend time getting the picture of the desired accomplishments, know what it takes, time and effort to crystallize the goals.
- Determine whether or not to pay the price: There is no gain without pain, so many, often come to a desperation quotient before they are prepared to do something. Someone with a burning desire must be prepared to pay a price.Something may have a click inside of you where you will get mad enough or determined, desperate enough or concerned enough or for some other reason you will endure the pain and pay the price for achievement. Criticism, fatigue, the effort to think, loneliness, identifying with people, making unpleasant decision, the effect of competition, the possibility of the abuse of power, false pride and jealousy, time management and rejection are all prices to pay. Do not attempt to do anything unless you are sure of yourself; but do not relinquish it simply because someone else is not sure of you.
- Develop a plan of action: Opportunities never come to those who wait, they are captured by those who dare to attack. In the absence of clearly defined goals we are forced to concentrate on activity and ultimately become enslaved by it. There is no victory chant without running the risk of defeat.
The tragedy of life does not lie in not reaching your goal; the tragedy lies in having no goal to reach.Without goals and priorities we will never escape the tyranny of the urgent, because the urgent will crowd out the important things of our lives, if our eyes are not fixed on a goal.
Happiness is not a reward- it's a consequence. Suffering is not a punishment - it's a result. The essentials therefore of happiness are something to do (goal), something to love (priorities), and something to hope for (vision).
4 Mission Statement: A mission statement focuses one's energies and lets one to enjoy a sense of direction and purpose. It prevents distractions and sidetraction, by focusing on personal energies and resouces.
A mission statement should be such that it is a constant challenge. A constant reaching of mission statement will help in keeping motivated.
Planning as said by BILL NEWMANN is 80% Thinking
Set goals today to be a success, don't live without a dream, desire, vision. Pay deaf ears to the cynic.A cynic is one who knows the price of everything, and the value of nothing, he never sees a good quality in anyone, and never fails to see a bad one.
More by this Author
Your Attitude Determines Your Altitude. Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude. "The future belongs to the...
Sacrifice is known as a Korban, from the Hebrew root karov, meaning "to [come] close [to God]". It is commonly known as the practice of offering food, objects (typically valuables), or the lives of animals...
OCCUPATIONAL STRESS STRESS: Stress according to Hans Selye is the non specific response of the body to any demand upon it" That means good things( eg job promotion) to which we must adapt to, termed Eustress and...