Increase Party Bookings as a Home Party Consultant
Home Party Consultant
If you've decided to become an at-home party consultant so that you can have another source of income, way to meet new people, or just to have something to do, you'll find that it can be daunting to get the party bookings that you need.
The parties are where your money is, and if you aren't selling at parties, you have to find an alternative source to sell your products, whether that be via catalog parties, a personal website, or even eBay. But, you will almost always find that your main source of sells will be from home parties.
If you're having trouble getting people to host parties, below you'll find a few ideas that you can try out. Hopefully, you'll find something that you can use, or maybe something will spark your imagination to create your own solutions for increasing your bookings.
Remember that this is your business, so run it as you see fit.
Increase Party Bookings
Not all of these ideas may work for you, but they should definitely give you a start at increasing your party bookings and coming up with more ideas to increase your home party numbers.
- Toward the end of your party, pass around a calender and tell the guests to write their names on the day and time that they have available to host a party. Try sticking with 3 to 4 weeks in advance, as plans do change. You may be surprised as to how many people actually sign up. Try offering a chance for a reward for booking a party; before you pass out the calendar, draw a number or pick a random number on the calendar, and tell the guests that whoever books on that day will get double hostess rewards. (Just don't tell them the day until after everyone who wants to sign up, has signed up.)
- Tell the guests that those who are willing to book a party, will get extra rewards for the day's purchase. Have about 10 to 15 envelopes ready with slips of paper inside that will be labeled: Free shipping, 20% off, 15$ off, 10% off, etc. And those who book a party that day will get that reward for the day's purchase in addition to their hostess rewards from the sales from their booked party.
- Have everyone at the party write a list of as many names as they
can. Make it a game, and see who can make the longest list of people
that they know with different every letter of the alphabet. The person
with the most names will win a prize, but also note that since everyone
can make a list of 10 or more people, they know the right number to
host their own party.
- Offer a referral program, where the guest will receive a free gift for every five bookings that they're able to sign up, or for every booking allow 10% off the purchase. However you want to set the reward and benefit, do it!
sure that all your guests at every party know that at the end of every
month, you will hold a raffle for everyone who holds a party. When a
party is held, you put the hostess's name in the pot, and at the end of
the month, you will draw # names (depending on how many bookings you
can get), and those drawn will win a prize or discount on their
- Swap parties with consultants of other products. This will help get your name out there, and you can be included in parties with people who may be interested in your products.
- Make sure to show what an average hostess wins, whether it be discounts, free products, etc. This will definitely show incentive to hosting their own party.
Get your name out there!!!
- Add your business card to fishbowls where you see other business cards.
- Insert your card into library books.
- See if local business wouldn't mind posting your cards up.
- Where your consultant name badge out in public, and you'll be surprised how man times you get stopped for small talk.
- Try to make a flier with pull-tabs, offering a 5% discount, free gifts, etc. and see if you can post the flier around town.
- Try to get an ad in the local paper.
you delivery your goods to your customers, make sure to include a
sticker or card that mentions 'free products and discounts when you
book a party. call 123-456-7890'
Remember that it's ideal to get at least 2 bookings at every party. The one booking will replace your current home party, and the second will increase your business. You want to be flexible, offering catalog parties, e-parties, and home parties. Have fun themes and games prepared that will suit different people and attract more hostesses.
And, keep in mind that you can't expect to get others to want to host parties, if you don't host your own party!
Succeed as a Home Sales Consultant
More by this Author
Staph infection is caused by a bacterium that has evolved to resist many of our current antibiotics, and is a growing concern. Staph infections can be fatal if not treated properly.
An awesome-looking tattoo can unfortunately turn into a big infected mess. Read on to learn the symptoms of infection and how to treat it.
Learn some of the signs of infected belly-button piercings and what to do about them.