Online Earning Ideas: You Can Earn Money Online
Online Earning Ideas
Online earning has really taken off in the past 5 years, with more people having access to the Internet, the power of PCs increasing and their price going down, more and more individuals and companies being able to share ideas and build tools that help us to do a lot more, faster and slicker, than we could at any time in the past.
When it comes to online earning, this means that with just a little bit of time anybody can start earning money online, either from scratch, or by taking their offline business online to generate them more money and reach more customers.
Below are some great Online Earning Ideas to get you thinking.
1) Online Earning with Your Own Business
If you have your own business already, then it can be a simple step to take that online and start an additional income stream coming in from online earning opportunities.
- 1a) One Page Website: For some businesses this can be a simple website, just letting people know what they do and where they are, how to contact them. Even a simple web presence like this can save money in newspaper and magazine adverts by reducing the space required for contact information, or using that space to fit in more information about their service or product.
- 1b) eCommerce or Online Shop: If your existing business sells products, then it can really pay dividends if you take your product line online and enable existing and new customers to buy from you online. Some businesses might do this by selling on eBay at first, whereas others will decide to invest in a full-blown ecommerce website and take their entire range online.
There really are a lot of online earning opportunities to be had by exploring your options, even if you looked into it 1-2 years ago, the playing field has now moved and it's worth investigating again now.
2) Online Earning From Scratch
If you're sat there just thinking that you need to earn money, preferably working from home - and think that online earning is a great place to start, then the revolution in web technologies that have emerged in the past couple of years mean there's never been a better time to do this than now.
What you need to do is to explore the many possibilities out there and try a few out. There is no one thing that works for everybody, we're all different. Here are a few outline ideas:
- 2a) You can be earning money online using a site like this, Hubpages, writing about things you know. Hubpages is one of the top websites for people to simply share their knowledge and, over time, build an income from their writing. It opens up opportunities as you gain experience and might find a particular niche that you can fill, or it might lead into you gaining more offline writing opportunities for magazines or other websites. It costs nothing to start, but you do need to invest a lot of your time in the first year or so learning and improving your writing and learning what's popular and what's not - but the online community are there to hold your hand all the way.
- 2b) You could create your own website, cheaply with free software such as Wordpress, or commissioning a web designer to create you a website that will do what you tell him you want it to do. This can cost you from £0 through to £3000, depending how much money you have to invest and how much time you want to put into setting it up for yourself.
- 2c) Buy into an existing system, a way of online earning that's established. With these you'll typically pay an ongoing monthly fee to cover your hosting fees, but they'll usually provide great training and support. Ideas for this range from buying into a ready made website that sells products, through to signing up with a company like Avon Cosmetics and selling products online. Doing this will involve learning how to promote your website, so that people come to it to buy from you, this is a learning curve and might involve spending money (at some point) paying for relevant and targetted advertising.
- 2d) You could become an eBay trader. If you've got knowledge about one particular field, or you're interested in one thing, then why not investigate how to start trading online with eBay and build a business through that. The cost to set up is minimal, but you will need to work out for yourself what you're going to sell - and decide if you're going to buy stock in and mail it out, or use a dropshipping service where you simply decide what you want to sell, set the price and the dropshipping company hold the stock for you and send things out when you have an order.
- 2e) Start earning money with sites such as taking surveys and similar activities - although these tend to be quite time-intensive for little reward.
Personally, I do most of the above. I am a great believer in the saying "Don't put all your eggs into one basket". For one thing, you don't know which one you'll enjoy most, the other thing is that until you do it you don't know how successful you'll be.
Put the Work In
It is important though to actually put the work in. Online earning is no different to earning money any other way - you will still have to apply yourself to actually working regularly, although you do get to choose what you do, from where and when.
If you are enjoying what you are doing, then it doesn't feel like work!
Real Work at Home Jobs
- Work at Home Jobs - Work From Home Jobs
Work at home jobs, customer service reps, call takers, admin jobs, translators and more.
3) Online Earning With a More Regular Job
There are what are considered more "normal jobs" also online. The Internet and Internet telephony, with broadband, has enabled more companies to outsource work and old traditional business models to be adapted for the online world.
- 3a) Customer Services Advisor: An increasing number of companies employ people answering the telephone working from home, taking inbound calls as customer service advisors. Sometimes the jobs might be working for a company direct, but there are a few large organisations that handle the customer service needs of many companies. You can work fro more than one company as a customer services advisor, to give yourself variety and flexibility. Earning money online like this can be very competitive for positions.
- 3b) Teaching Online and Online Tutoring: If you have any teaching experience, or want to be an online tutor in a subject you are passionate about, then there are quite a few opportunities for online teaching and tutoring roles. These could range between being a full blown, University lecturer teaching a class online, all the way down to creating your own classes teaching people online how to do a craft. There are even opportunities in Teaching English as a Foreign Language (TEFL) or just offering conversation practice via Skype to people who pay you direct.
This page has just been the start, I hope you've found somethng that appeals to you, but in order to find the right thing for you then you need to do a lot of research and simply try some things out.
There is no one way of online earning that would work for everybody - and even if there were then once we're all doing it then nobody's earning a thing any more are they!
So, good luck and check out some of the links below to find out a bit more about what's out there for you.
Further Reading ...
- How to Make Money Working Online
Explore some of your options and ways to make money working online.
- 10 Free Ways to Make Money Online
Discover 10 easy ways to make money online...
- Join HubPages and Start Your Writing Career
Use Hubpages to share your knowledge with the world. Write about things you know, or love and help people who need that information. No cost ever.
- Online Teaching Opportunities: List of Tutoring and Mentoring Jobs
If you are a teacher, tutor or mentor, or even a subject expert in any subject, then you can find work from home working as an online tutor. With the advent of the Internet, there's been an explosion of...
- Work Online Teaching Classes: and Work from Home
If you have a skill, experience or qualifications, then you can work online teaching classes in your subject. The work you can do will vary between writing your own courses and using a website to deliver...
- Voice Artists Wanted
Every time you watch the television, or listen to the radio, when the adverts come on, you are highly likely to be hearing the voice of a voiceover artist. Voiceover artists do all types of work though and...
- Freelance Jobs and Freelance Websites - Real Data Entry Jobs, Work From Home
Freelance jobs and where to find them... including some almost instant cash generating work....
More by this Author
Best free online courses - a selection of some of the best courses that you can do for free, online courses and certification that you can do in your own time, wherever you are - and without cost.
If you are learning shorthand, you'll need good shorthand pencils. On the face of it, it's just a notepad and a pen/pencil, but these are the tools of the experts and the right pencil gives you speed
New and existing market traders are always looking to find the best selling products for market stalls, in order to start up as a market trader, increase their existing turnover, or break out into new markets.
Comments 9 comments
Image by: onlinetoprankmarketing