23 Ways To Promote Your Business--FOR FREE!
Promoting your business doesn’t have to cost a lot! In fact, there are so many easy and free (or almost free) things you can do.
1. Brag about your successes with “News Releases”—often!
2. New Contracts (“Recognized” company; large deal; unique solution)
3. Company milestones (“10 Years In Business”; “100th Client”, etc.)
4. New Hire (especially of industry-known executive)
5. New or Innovation product or solution
6. Publish your News Releases prominently on your website (home page is best)
7. Offer to write a technical column for the local newspaper or trade journal
8. Develop “Case Studies” or “Business Studies” on interesting or major projects
9. Promote your “events” (trade shows; client events, etc) to the trade press and/or local newspapers.
10. Enlarge and display all published news about your company
11. Develop a pressroom page on your website and feed it with new information at least once a week.
12. Supplement the “About Company” section of your website to include references to all articles and news reports about your company, especially any in industry publications.
13. Send a copy of all News Releases to all prospects and clients (but limited to not more than 2 per month to avoid them being viewed as spam.
14. Get testimonial letters from all customers on a regular basis (like after each major project)
15. Include copy of selected customer testimonial letters with all proposals
16. Ask customers to give a presentation at your customer events (personal testimonials are powerful sales/PR tools.
17. Develop a company Newsletter. At first, keep it simple, short and to the point. Avoid “advertising” your services. Make it light and interesting to your readers.
18. Include interesting articles or News Releases with your invoices.
19. Create a multimedia CD or DVD featuring your successes; send to prospects & clients
20. Send all employees a copy of all successful publications in the media and all News Releases (whether published or not). Many mail them to the home to “Mr. and Mrs.” to promote good will and confidence in the company to family members.
21. Frame and hang all articles in hallways as a constant reminder of the pride all employees should have in the company.
22. Display a binder in the reception area with copies of all testimonial letters, news articles, etc (laminate all documents to keep them clean and professional.)
23. Call speaking opportunities to the attention of key company executives.
More by this Author
There comes a time in the live of every house when a remodel is ‘just what the doctor ordered.' We're not referring to a new paint job or even new wallpaper. No, we're talking about a true "dream it, tear it...
Garlic Bread. Do you LOVE SOFT CHEWY GARLIC BREAD as much as I do? Soft, hot, dripping with rich sweet buttery garlic!! Oh, man, that's GOOD STUFF! Some like crunchy crispy garlic bread, but my preference is...
How To Store, Thaw and Slice a Bagel Learn how to effectively store and thaw bagels. Safe slicing techniques are also provided.