The true benefits of a Work At Home Mom
Getting up at the crack of dawn, waking up a sleepy-head child, fixing breakfast, and yelling for said child to come and eat, before the bus leaves them. This is a morning routine that takes place in many homes across America. In addition to that, many mothers are trying to beat the morning traffic to get to work on time. Sometimes they have to call in sick, because a baby-sitter cannot be found, or they have a sick child, so they can go to work. Many woman have this routine every day, and it is not getting any better. It has been estimated that 70% of women worked outside the home as of 2012, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics. As a result, many women are getting sick and tired of the 40 plus hours that they put in to work each and every week. Many of them feel under-appreciated, overworked, and underpaid for the amount of time they put in for the cause. On top of that, many mothers miss their children. Even though this has been done for many years, starting in mid to late 1990’s, more and more women are deciding that being a work at home mom can benefit both them and the child. The reason this trend of employment is increasing, is because as a work at home mom, they can still have a lucrative career without sacrificing family time or the raising of their children.
The top businesses that moms are turning to for income are:
- Network marketing
- Internet marketing
- Direct selling
- Craft businesses
And much more. To get a perspective on what is drawing women to work more at home, these are a few reasons why being a stay at home mom is becoming so popular.
Reasons to be a Work at Home Mom
1. No daycare. When you work from home you can schedule your work time around raising your children. You are your own boss so you don't need to put in for a sick day if your child get sick or needs to be taken to the hospital. If the need arises to go to a meeting, a babysitter can be hired for a couple of hours. If that is not an option, you can also arrange for a teleconference in the comfort of your own office. Other benefits surrounding child care are, you know exactly who and what is around your child because they are in an environment that you are providing for them. No more guilt when yet again you have to miss their soccer game, dance recital or other important event because the boss wouldn't let you off. Cutting out the day care also cuts down on you yearly budget as well.
2. Money. Your income is only limited by your imagination and the amount of work that you will put into it. In addition to the above mentioned businesses; you could be a blogger who does reviews, an affiliate marketer, MLM marketer, a niche website owner, traffic exchange owner, e-book writer and so much more. It's up to you what you decide to get involved in. The more you learn the more you can add to what you already do. As you learn more you could also begin getting paid to teach or coach others. The sky really is the limit.
Do not forget the saving aspect of money. No more power lunches to McDonald's, coffee at Starbucks, or that stale donut that has been sitting there for days in the cafeteria. You will save on gas and clothes too.
3. Happiness. How many people do you know get happy at the thought of getting up at 5 am, yanking their small children out of a peaceful slumber to drop them off at the daycare center before heading to work for 8 plus hours? Many Moms don't get excited when it's time to return to work on Monday and they treasure the weekends because it is the only real time they have to spend with their family and friends. As a stay at home Mom, you might decide that your typical day will start at 8 am, when you have breakfast with your children. You may also decide that you are taking Monday’s off to take care of personal appointments and errands. It is up to you how you work your weekly, monthly, and yearly schedule.
4. Control. You decide what you do, when to do it and if you will involve anyone else or not. At a 9 to 5 you don't have those choices. You do what you are told when you are told in order to collect a paycheck at the end of the week, and who you can and will work with. Also with a 9 to 5, you may not enjoy doing the work. A work at home job may be your passion and you may stay at it longer. You can also change work policies that suit you and your family’s needs.
Before thinking about rather being a Stay at home is for you, do a little bit of research. The research comes in two forms. The first is asking other stay home moms questions like, "how has staying at home help the family and that person?", and does the interviewee has any regrets leaving their 9-5 job?" Once those question have been answered, the next research should be how it will impact on the family. Naturally being a stay at home mom is harder on a single parent income than it is on a dual parent income. There are some sacrifices that a woman has to make, as well as the whole family, while getting the business established.
After you do the research, if you feel that being a work at home mom is a good fit for your family, go for it. You will know if you made the right decision for you and your family. Good luck with your new found freedom.
- Top 5 Benefits of Being a Work-at-Home Mom – BOSSLESS
- Happy Mother’s Day from BLS: working mothers in 2012 : The Editor’s Desk : U.S. Bureau of
The labor force participation rate—the percentage of the population working or looking for work—for all mothers with children under age 18 was 70.5 percent in 2012, little different from the prior year.
- Direct Selling Association | Ethics, Trust, Confidence.
More by this Author
Reviewing the Cricut Expression 2 electronic cutting machine. this is an updated cutting machine of the original Expressions Machine also made by Provo Craft.
Learn what is an observation journal, and how it can help you from descibing events in a photo layout on a scrapbook album to an entry in your personal journals.
No comments yet.