winning the lottery a blessing or a Curse?
Winning the Lottery! A Blessing or a Curse?
We have all dreamed about winning a windfall and what we would do with the extra cash, but hearing the horror stories of what could happen once won, leads me to thinking twice about being an instant winner. I’ve heard it all from family members turning against family members, marriages being ended, and even people committing suicide. So is it true…… that money cannot really buy happiness?
I think I would be elated to win. I just don’t understand how some people could win millions and millions of dollars and not even 10 years later be completely broke, but when you think about it poor financial planning leads some to their ruin, as well as the greed of others.
- Abraham Shakespeare won 30 million dollars and was murdered by his friend, who also forged his signature to steal his home, leaving his girlfriend and young son penniless.
- Jack Whittaker won 315 million dollars and was sued and robbed multiple times after winning. His granddaughter’s boyfriend died of an overdose in his home. His granddaughter died of an overdose, as well as his own daughter. After his wife divorced him, He drank. He is quoted as saying, “I wish I never would have won.”
- Arnim Ramdass won and never told his wife, abandoned her while pregnant and in debt.
- Jeffrey Dampier was murdered by his wife’s sister and her boyfriend, whom He had been having an affair with after winning 20 million dollars.
The list goes on and on…….
I think if I won. I would tell no one. I would take care of the people I would want to take care of anonymously, as well as contribute to charities under a pseudonym, and take a long family vacation, and start up my own business.
So what do you think......is it a blessing or a Curse?
- Lottery Changed My Life : Videos : TLC
Videos from TLC's Lottery Changed My Life series, which chronicles the unique experiences of individuals who won big and struck it rich.
- Lottery Losers - They WON the Lottery!
- 6 People For Whom Winning The Lottery Was Actually A Curse | Campus Squeeze
Everyone dreams of winning the lottery. They imagine cars and sandy beaches and women and transportation devices and burning their name onto
- The Curse of The Lottery: 5 Winners and Their Demise | MyBankTracker.com
If you won the lottery, how would you spend your money? This is a common conversation starter among friends, family and first dates. What if winning the lottery
- Curse of the Lotto: How the Millions Can Ruin Lives | Complex Blog
Winning the lottery will change your life, but not always for the good. Prepare yourself with these real-life cautionary tales.
If you won the lottery What would you do first?See results without voting
More by this Author
Yesterday while out picking up a few personal items and grocery shopping, I ran into an after holiday bin with marked down items. In the bin was a package of 4 detoxification foot pads marked down to $1.00. I was amazed...