Top 10 Advantages of Freelance Jobs - Finding Freelancing Work Online
Finding Freelance Work Opportunities
In simple terms, a freelancer or freelance worker is a person who is self employed or working for himself. One need not be a web content Writer to work as a freelancer. There are a wide variety of freelance work opportunities available for people who want to make money online. They can choose the jobs based on interest or knowledge level. For instance, there is a huge demand for programmers, web developers, designers, content writers, data entry operators, SEO and social media marketing experts, ghost bloggers and so on. There are many housewives, students, elders and disabled people who successfully make a living by working from the comfort of home.
There are several benefits or advantages of Freelancing as a Profession. Given below are top 10 advantages of working as a Freelancer.
Advantages of Freelancing Jobs
There are many Advantages of doing Freelance work.
- First and foremost advantage of freelance jobs are that you are your own Boss. Working as a freelancer means that you are running a small business. It means no more control freak Bosses terrorizing you even in your dreams. I know i should not have put it that way because never in my life I had such a Boss. But i have several friends who call their Bosses 'Dragon' and 'Hitler', so I had to put that terrorizing word here. Freelance work enables one to be independent. In freelance jobs there are no distractions which are part of office work especially a Boss looking over your shoulders, Office politics and countless meetings with the Boss over unachievable targets.
- Flexible timings is another advantage of freelance work. You are not stuck up with the desk job timings or rather can work around the clock. Freelancing allows you to work when you want and maybe even where you want. You can work at the comfort of your home or take your laptop to work outside or work late at night or early in the morning. You can work at your own pace and decide between full time or part time freelance jobs. Nobody would question you if you take a long lunch break or watch your favorite TV Channel or listen to some music in between your work. This makes freelance jobs most suitable for those who want work at home jobs to supplement their Income like home makers or students or elderly people. You also do not have to be cautious when making personal calls or writing mailers to friends when you are freelancing. You can even visit online shopping sites or do some street shopping to amuse yourself without being questioned by anyone. When doing a freelance work you also do not have to hesitate when you want to go on a holiday. I remember my hesitation when my father asked me to visit him during Deepawali festival last year because I was worried about not achieving the Quarterly targets set by my Boss.
- Expenses associated with the regular desk jobs are not there in freelance or work at home jobs. You can save on gas bills, traveling time and other expenses involved when going out. Wherever you are an Internet or phone can connect you to your work. There is also no need to dress up for work like the desk job. One can even sit on pajamas and do a work at home assignment.
- Choice of work is another advantage of freelancing works. Here you can choose to do things you love. There is no compulsion whatsoever. You can choose from a variety of freelance work opportunities available like data entry, editing, surveys, web content writing, web designing, programming, mystery shopping, social media marketing etc depending on your suitability and liking. Most desk jobs are boring and lack variety. Selling on EBay is another option to make some good money from home.Most people do the same thing day after day without new projects and new challenges. But this is not the case when opting for freelance jobs.
- Global perspective is another advantage of freelance jobs. You can take up assignments from around the World. Most work at home jobs enable you to earn money in a stronger currency and more than what you would earn working for a local company.
- There is no restriction in the number of freelance assignments you can take up at the same time. You can take up different types of work at the same time and get paid for all. Here you are responsible for only your work. In freelance jobs, there is no compulsion regarding training or motivating those who work under you or maintaining cordial relationships with them. Many a times on a desk job you have to agree to your Boss or Customer even if they are wrong or you don't agree with their views. Aren't we all been taught that 'The Boss is always right' and 'the Customer is the King'?
- In most freelance jobs you can decide how much you want to earn or how much money to make depending on the time you dedicate to the particular work or works. One can easily find genuine freelance jobs through the Internet and through people in your network who is already involved with such companies. There are several people making more money freelancing than doing a desk job. Some jobs need you to pay an entry fees whereas some are free to join. However, my sincere advice is to find for yourself the genuineness of the job by doing some research through Internet search and through people in social networking sites.
- The pressure and stress levels in freelance work is comparatively lesser than normal work. With no bosses and subordinates and targets at work, freelance jobs are much easier to handle than office work.
- Most Companies also pays you for referring others to the company. This means your networking skills also could earn you money apart from your own efforts in work.
- Finally, Like desk jobs you do not have to bother about the bond with the Company or working your notice period in a freelance job when you want to leave a less paid work or a job which does not give you any job satisfaction or sense of accomplishment. There is no long term commitment one needs to fulfill in a freelance job. Nobody would call you a 'rolling stone' if you did 10 freelance jobs in a year, rather that adds to your credit. But if you submit a resume for Office work showing ten jobs in a year then i am sure nobody would want to hire you.
If you feel that there is more to add up to the list of advantages of freelance jobs, feel free to add the same through your comments.
More by this Author
The Internet has revolutionized the way we shop. Learn about ten benefits and advantages to online shopping and reasons why everyone's doing it!
Every man wants good wife, but many women do not know what qualities or virtues she should have to be the ideal and perfect ones. Here are 12 of them.
If you are head over heels in love with a girl, you would want to know if she likes you or not. If you are wondering how to find out if she likes you, given are 16 signs to tell if she is interested.