10 Most Popular Social Bookmarking Websites to Promote Online Articles
Online writers write articles for various reasons like making money online, sharing knowledge, marketing products, driving traffic to their blogs or websites, creating backlinks, link building, etc. In such a scenario, it is important to market the articles written by these online writers. Article marketing; where to market or promote the articles written? Here is where social bookmarking sites come into place. What are the most popular social bookmarking sites where writers can promote their articles?
Take a look at this comprehensive list of famous social bookmarking websites.
10. Friendfeed: It is a social bookmarking website that allows you to customize your feeds as well as share news, photos, videos, etc. Friendfeed receives an average of 1,500,000 unique visitors a month. This site’s Alexa rank is 623.
9. Slashdot: Do you write a lot of technology articles? If yes, Slashdot is the best site to promote your articles. This site deals with articles related to Windows and Open Source. This site gets roughly 1,700,000 unique monthly visitors with an Alexa rank of 1,296.
8. Fark: Fark is an interesting website that allows you to share interesting, bizarre, weird, and amusing stories and news. This site receives nearly 56% of its visitors from the US with average unique monthly visitors of 1,850,000. Its Alexa rank is 2,186.
7. Mixx: Mixx is yet another social bookmarking site that allows you to share news, stories, photos, videos, etc. The average unique monthly visitors are estimated at 2,600,000 and majority of the visitors are from the Indian subcontinent. Alexa rank for Mixx is 1,429.
6. Tweetmeme: It gives a list of popular twitter links with estimated unique monthly visitors of 5,450,000. This site too receives visitors majorly from the US and has an Alexa ranking of 545.
Useful Books on Increasing Web Traffic
5. Delicious: Delicious is a social bookmarking website from Yahoo that helps you share links with your friends and family. The Alexa ranking of this website is 236 and has got 5,500,000 estimated unique monthly visitors.
4. Stumbleupon: Stumbleupon allows you to share news articles, photos and videos and gives an opportunity to rank them. Its Alexa rank is 119 and receives nearly 36% of the audience from the US. Their estimated unique monthly visitors are 15,000,000.
3. Reddit: This is a website that comprises of user generated links. The stories submitted gets to the first page based on number of votes it has received. Their Alexa ranking is 136 and estimated unique monthly visitors are 15,500,000.
2. Digg: Digg is a social bookmarking website where technology related articles rule the roost, however, good for promoting other genre of articles too. It receives nearly 36% of the audience from the US with an estimated unique monthly visitor of 27,500,000. Their Alexa ranking is 134.
1. Twitter: It is a microblogging website and a very good mode for promoting online articles and businesses. This site’s Alexa rank is 9 and receives an estimated 89,800,000 unique monthly visitors.
Make use of these most famous social bookmarking sites to your advantage and drive traffic to your website or blog or online articles.
More by this Author
Stress, isn’t this one of the latest buzzword? The universal truth is that each and every individual is affected by stress in one way or the other. There are so many factors or reasons behind stress. To...