1000 page views milestone: much or not?
Analysis of my experience here
Wow, I have reached 1000 page views milestone. It took 7 weeks by 6 hubs (Actually by 5 hubs, because I've posted 6th hub just few days ago).
First of all, I want to thank YOU - all my readers, especially my followers and commentators! Thanks you - for your time, for your interest to my writing, for you encouraging comments and all support you give me! I would never reach it without you! And I promise you I will work even harder to deliver the best hubs I can write.
But I still have to work hard to success. Very hard. So here I would like to discuss different views on that milestone. Is it success or fault-to-get-more? From one hand, it is nice result with so few hubs. But from the other hand, it is just 3-4 views per hub per day. It is nothing, I think.
Honestly speaking, when I joined hubpages, I set up a goal to get my first check by the end of second month. So, what do I have now? I have earned just few cents for all that time (while zero clicks!). And 'write more' is not the good advice. I can write much more hubs, but it is just waste of time to write hubs which few people read (and nobody clicks!). First I need to find an approach how to make my existing ones successful. And then I will write more.
And in the same time I have quite good metrics:
- I try to participate in community, ask and answer questions, I vote up and down and leave comments
- I have number of followers 4 times more than number of hubs
- I have made about 40 backlinks for each hub from sites with Page Rank 6, 7 or 8. I followed rules, and put maximum of 2 links per site per account per IP address.
- My hubs are on the first page of google for its keywords, usually holding position #2 - #6, which is not bad
- I always did my homework carefully choosing keywords. They are not really high-paid, but they are low-competitive and usually they get about 100 000 searches monthly (according to Google Keyword Tool).
- I have bookmarked my hubs in about 25 social bookmarking sites. I carefully put maximum of 2 hubs per site along with links to 3-5 other sites.
- 55% of my traffic is from search engines, 30% from referring sites, 15% direct, not bad proportion, but I still need to increase search engines share
What's wrong here?
What is reason of low traffic and zero clicks?See results without voting
So what's wrong here??
According to these data I have just 2 explanations to low traffic and low earnings (and I don't like both):
- My content is poor, so people don't spend enough time to click on ads (oh no, please don't tell me this...)
- It just takes time to build traffic flow so there is nothing to worry about
What do you think? What am I missing? What other tool can I use?
I would appreciate any advice, any idea. Criticism is also welcome.
Thanks you again for reading it and my other hubs!
More by this Author
Do you want to give your kid a name that nobody has ever had? Here I gathered the weirdest names, especially Russian names. Read more..
When you are looking for baby names, consider Russian names. They are pretty unique names among non-Russians. Here is list of beautiful Russian names with tips how to pronounce and transcription.