157 Hubs in 3 months
157 Hubs in 3 Months
So at the end of my first quarter writing for Hubpages I have completed a 157 hubs. I have to say that completing my first 100 was a wonderful milestone. I had planned on writing a 100 hubs in 30 days this month but between Hurricane Irene, court and the septic tank backing up into the house I didn’t make my goal. I must report though I had given up on making my goal of 100 in 30 days within the first few days of August when the septic system backed up.
I would have shared all the wonderful pictures with all of my friends on hubpages but I am currently involved in litigation due to damages incurred so I am not able to discuss this with my audience. So in very deplorable circumstances, court and a possible hurricane I still managed to pump out 57 hubs which are almost two a day. I keep writing I am going to take a break and I am.
157 hubs is a milestone though that I wish to share with all of you. When I first read about hubpages I read that the average writer writes 3 articles a week and those 156 articles is a years worth of work. By publishing my 157th hub I am technically in my second year of work with Hubpages.
The Learning Curve
1) Summaries do increase your readership. After completing my summaries I had a bounce of over 500+ readers in one day. I don’t know if that is a lot but it seemed like a lot to me.
2) I have learned to watermark my photos although I have not perfected it to a Science.
3) In the beginning I had a lot of articles, maybe five total, pulled for various reasons. I don’t take it personal anymore. 157 hubs in and my skin has thickened somewhat.
4) It is the nature of all artists to push boundaries and writers are no different. I was worried to death my review of Rise of the Planet of the Apes which I called Curious George on Angel Dust would get flagged but people thought it was funny. I thought it was funny but as a writer you never know exactly where the line is between artistic humor and bad taste. Thank goodness I have kind hearted readers.
5) Even as I am writing this article I have another in mind which I may manage to whip out this evening or not.
So in three months (really two and half months) I have completed a years worth of work on Hubpages. I love being involved and developing as a writer. I am so grateful to all my readers and all those who provide feedback.
Will I take a month off from HubPages and stop publishing. I wish I could. Hubpages is an addiction for me. I am going to need a twelve step program to stop publishing. But as vices go Hubpages is the best on to have.
- My 100th Hub in 72 Days
An author's analysis of technical aspects of writing a 100 hubs in 72 days.
- My 50th Hub
Account and summary of techniques learned from the author's perspective on techincal aspects during the creation first 50 hubs.
- A Hub About A Hub
A writer's perspective after completing 21 hubs on HubPages.
- The A's on Hubs
Instructions how to write a hub summary.
- New Addition to Hub Feedback; Interesting
An insightful analysis of HubPages adding the rating of "interesting" to their coments section.
More by this Author
A tribute to the one yeat anniversary of my Mother's death.
This article provides detailed information how to apply, study and pass the college algebra clep test.
An article about how to get your child to sleep in their own bed.
No comments yet.