50 Reasons Why I Love HubPages / Commemorating My 50th Hub
As I sat and thought how to commemorate my 50th hub I came up with a few ideas right away and one of them was not to do anything special at all. Reason being after two years I only have 50 hubs; not a huge accomplishment by far. But I wasn't going to give up too quickly and decided to browse around for more ideas while I continued to procrastinate.
Then I came across this hub "How to Write Your 50th Hub on HubPages" by dineane who has convinced me to Write...Something...Anything! Dineane speaks about a FlyLady (don't worry Dineane, I know who she is) whose philosophy is that those of us who procrastinate are really perfectionists. We feel that if we can't do a job "right" we might as well not get started. Bingo! So here I go! Thanks Dineane!
How To Write Anything
A Brief History How I Got Started
In July of 2007, after two months of waltzing around feeling sorry for myself for losing a friend, a computer came to my rescue. I picked up this thing I saw my kids using and said "what's this"? Mom, that's a mouse, my daughter said! And after a few loud "Schrieeeeks", I begged, Oh please tell me more!
I learned very quickly how to surf the internet and visited one website after another all day long. It was a great place for me to hide until I was found by this agent who roped me in big time. With his smooth selling sales pitch, naive little me fell right into his trap. I was now going to be a proud owner of a website which I thought the company he was selling was going to build it for me. Well I heard that that was possible I just read that on the web. I was very excited and signed up for 16 weeks of lessons of what I thought would be maintaining the website which would be built for me. Haha...I had to build it myself and WHAT I have to write all the pages? But I'm not a writer!
I wrote and now it was time to talk about traffic. In that process I was introduced to HubPages. I was told to sign up and write a hub. Here is my first hub if you are interested in reading. It is called "Into the Wild Blue Yonder" and that is exactly how I felt. And so that brings me to why I love HubPages.
50 Reasons Why I Love HubPages
1. HubPages has been a healing ground for me in the truest sense of the word. Thank you! (How HubPages is a Healing Ground)
2. HubPages has given me a platform to learn how to write by being surrounded by so many great writers and caring friends from all around the world and that I greatly appreciate.
3. HubPages is easy to use. I didn't have to become a rocket scientist to figure it out. The publishing tools made it easy and I didn't need to know any code.
4. HubPages allowed me to build a hub on any topic of my choosing from soup to nuts; anything of my hearts desire!
5. I learned something new everyday at HubPages. Here's what I learned today: How to Create 500 HubPages in 1 Year Haha..I wonder if this will be Ryan's next challenge!
6. Whenever I got stuck I posed my questions to a helpful community who was always willing to answer any and all of my questions without hesitation or expecting anything in return.
7. My questions weren't always hubpage related. But I still got help within the community. Always!
8. My questions and concerns have inspired others to write hubs. Insectophobia And Other Stories written by SunSeven was inspired from a discussion in the forum from my fear of a monster cricket that got into my house. That happened eight months ago and that was the last hub that SunSeven wrote. I just hope the monster cricket didn't get her! Are you o.k SunSeven?
9. Another hub was inspired to write, out of my concern of killing a plant that my father had given to each of his daughters. GardenTales: Rose of Sharon Thanks to you Bob Ewing, my plant is well and flourishing!
writing for inspiration
10. I get inspired when I receive fanmail like this:
I happened upon your article about gifts for men this morning. I am just opening an online gift store to offer unique gifts for people that don't want to remember future occasions but don't want to not send to special people in their lives. Your statement about angels in our lives is one of the reasons why I decided to open my store and feel the whole idea comes from a friend that is no longer with us. I enjoyed looking at some of your favorite hubber sites and found a lot of inspiration for my new venture from reading some of their hubs too. Thank you - I look forward to reading more of your hubs. :)
11. I took a four month leave from Hubpages to mend some pressing problems, and my friends were still there for me when I returned. I was not forgotten!
12. I love being able to share my experiences and knowledge with people around the world and for them to share their's with me. That is so rewarding.
13. I love earning money from the hubs I write.
14. Today I checked my adsense earnings and saw $101.55. YIPPEE! I'm on my way like other hubbers to earning hundreds and even thousands every month.
15. I love that HubPages is one of the best revenue sharing sites around and I'm glad to be a part of that.
16. I love to watch the growth of HubPages and how it continues to grow in popularity.
17. HubPages has been an invaluable source of information for me. There is something for everyone to chew on.
18. Participating in Hubmob has encouraged me to write on different subjects which has helped get my creative juices flowing.
19. Joining Hubmob has also given me a better chance at success by getting a higher potential of good traffic.
20. It has been fun to socialize and exchange ideas in the forums amongst friends on common ground.
21. HubPages has become my home away from home.
22. I enjoy reading the weekly newsletter that keeps me informed of what's going on in the community.
23. I love how HubPages recognizes new writers with Hubnuggets. It is welcoming to feel recognized when you are new.
24. I love the HubPages blog that is filled with awesome stuff such as inspiring stories and keeps us informed of any recent updates or other happenings around town.
25. HubPages has been a great place for me to learn and grow without having a boss looking over my shoulder or breathing down my neck. Being your own boss allows plenty of freedom.
26. I love HubPages because it allows me to be productive in the comfort of my home.
27. Hubbing is a great way to exercise my fingers and thumbs but most importantly my mind.
28. Hubbing has given me the perfect excuse for why I've occasionally over-cooked or burned some meals, not to mention how often I boiled the water out of the tea pot.
29. I have filled a binder full of HubPages recipes which I enjoy collecting. One recipe I tried that recently comes to mind is A Man's Pie by marisuewrites. My son had just turned 21 and what could be more appropriate to serve to a young man on his 21st birthday and he said MMMM MMMM GOOD!
30. I had a lot of fun the night I had a virtual dinner at my home. You can read about it here on the forum. The Olive Garden Copycat Recipe: Pasta e Fagioli and
The last meatball recipe you will ever need by hubber rmr was on the menu. Man oh man was that delicious. Thanks to all who joined in!
31. I love being able to interact with other sites by leaving comments and have others interact with mine. I've met many new friends this way and learned a lot more about the ones I have. Thanks friends!
32. I am looking at a 100 hubscore today. I don't know exactly how I got that but I must be doing some things right, hehe... Ok so that was yesterday...today my hubscore is 94...I don't know how I got that but maybe I'm doing some things wrong...hehe.. I don't worry about these things anymore!
33. I love HubPages because it is the best self-publishing platform on the web.
34. I love HubPages for allowing me to produce sites that are appealing to the masses.
35. HubPages is user friendly which makes it enjoyable to navigate.
36. I was surprisingly pleased when my hub "Inexpensive and Unusual Gifts for Men" was chosen to be blogged about.
37. It was also great to receive some free Stumble Ads as a prize for this hub "Ventriloquist Terry Fator and His Wonderful World of MakeBelieve" in the weekly hubmob topic for your favorite entertainer.
38. I've never felt alone in this HubPage community the way I felt when working on my website which by the way I recently cancelled. There were too many bad memories in there. Why wouldn't I want to spend my day at HubPages where the people roam and the price is right. This is a no brainer, is all I can say!
39. The price to sign up was really good because it was free. I will be paying for my old cancelled website for years to come so thank you HubPages very much!
40. It's nice to know how dedicated and hard-working "The Five-Some at HeadQuarters" are. Special Thanks to Paul, Larry, Maddie, Fawntia, and Ryan for meeting our needs.
41. I love the wonderful variety of hubs found on HubPages written by people from all walks-of-life. That adds flavor and added spice to my reading.
42. Building a hubpage is fun and when it's complete it gives me a wonderful feeling of pride to click that button and publish. Wow, that was easy!
43. Everything I needed to learn was always just a mouse click away.
44. HubPages has always allowed me to learn and grow at my own pace.
45. I love HubPages because I can work in my p.j.'s. and have messy hair!
46. I would recommend HubPages to anyone who loves to express themselves through the power of the written word and also as an added bonus to make a few extra dollars doing what they love most!
47. I loved the extra earnings when people signed-up under me. I'm glad I learned how to use my URL tracker.
48. I love HubPages "Just Because".
49. HubPages is a happy home. If you want happiness for an hour go take a nap. If you want happiness for a day go build your wealth. But if you want happiness for a lifetime then go help someone else.
50. I love HubPages because it provides a forum for any type of celebration. Whether you are commemorating your 50th hub or celebrating your birthday, it is always fun to do so with friends. Soooo, I was thinking of a double celebration since the word birthday got mentioned! Would you all like to help me celebrate both today! LOL... It's my birthday! (5/20).
Please stay awhile, dig in, and enjoy the cake!
What Do You Love About HubPages?
I Would Love To Know!
More by this Author
Printable brain teasers are being used more often in today's business as motivational tools for an incentive to encourage their employees and students. Employers and teachers are handing out these printable brain...
Selling counterfeit products has become common practice where people flock in person at flea markets, college campuses, salons, libraries, swap meets, and at "private homes parties" where the dealer shows you...
Ken Duncan answered the call to show the beauty of God’s creation in America with a panoramic view in his book “America Wide – In God We Trust” and his message helped strengthen the American...